got the turbo cleaned

deckedoutmp5

:
02 MP5 #3256
well i took apart the turbo last night and cleaned it up. its amazing how easy those things can be taken apart. everything is very straight forward and easy to mess with. i used this degreaser and let it soak and took a tooth brush and gently went over everything and the fins. i blew off extra with the air hose and then let it all dry. she spins like a mad b**** again. i will post pics when i get home later, forget to take them last night, its pretty cool to see the IHI opened up. i also installed my 3 in race pipe onto dans protege 5 last night, hes pure stock cept for an intake but the race pipe sounds BAD ASS. i get my new p5 tomorrow!

peace- trav

How much crap was in there? I want to avoid dismantling the kit and opening up the IHI tubro as much as possible. I may do it this spring....

did you take pics? pics of the dirty turbo?

yeah I'm one deaf mf-er :D
I feel like the new member of a death metal band(band2) :D

on another note, the turbo looks all purdy(spank)

i didnt get pics of the dirty turbo, but it wasnt turning all nice and dandy like it did, and the exhaust side was bling bling black. trust me, it was one dirty b****. sometimes its good to open her up and see, cause how black the turbo is wont lie as to how rich its running and what not. plus its really easy to do.

how are you liking the race pipe dan? did the butt dyno go up or down?

peace- trav

I'm gonna have to say that the 2 times I've gotten on it hard, I tore second harder than I have in a long time (if not ever) :D
I got to work over 40 minutes ago and my ears still don't like me, but its kinda nice because I'm not hearing the normal (blah) of the office, now it sounds more like Charlie Brown's teacher :D
butt dyno throws up both arms to indicate ITS GOOD!

very nice. nothing like custom made s***. here is a pic of my exhaust i made, its 3 in all the way with just a spiral flow moroso muffler (muffler, HA).

racepipe.jpg

i used to shoot out flames with that when i had it on my car. i missed it. i made v-8s sound like they werent even running. (lick)

just remember that if you don't like the turbo's power, Lance has another use all lined up for it (smoke) :D

PhreakMP5 said:
just remember that if you don't like the turbo's power, Lance has another use all lined up for it (smoke) :D
1400 dollar bong LOL(stoned) last night was a riot. the first protege meet, it was killer.

to bad that guy in the civic (ricer) wouldnt race me in my 49. i think he was scared. (nervous)

ya last night was cool, what time did you guys get done with it. and whats so wrong about making a IHI turbo into a bong. :D

got done about 1130. we do it up again tonight with my exhaust, wheel swap and intake and weld oil pan.. then shes done. wOOt!

Back