Got some mail today...

shaneS

:
Speed3 CWP
4813323003_d33b533cdd.jpg

4813323293_73374c8660.jpg

(thumb)

After waiting months Finally got this. Instructions seem a little general, does anyone have a MS3 specific install guide?

4813323003_d33b533cdd.jpg

4813323293_73374c8660.jpg

(thumb)

After waiting months Finally got this. Instructions seem a little general, does anyone have a MS3 specific install guide?

Are those variant 1,2, or 3?

I just sorta winged it with my install... And got it right. Remember that you are going to be reusing the front topmounts, and just the topmount... You're gonna be getting rid of the bumpstops, and the stock axial bearing... And replace that with the KW axial bearing, and spring seat. Just follow the logical order in the instructions.

They are V1. Well my friend has some experience doing this stuff but I have no idea what to do lol So hopefully hell be able to help

I know I sound like a newb here.. well I am but:

As far as height adjustment, Im assuming the farther down the purple rings are on the thread the lower the height? And for the other pair, the deeper in the gold ring into the thread there the lower?

Last edited:
They are V1. Well my friend has some experience doing this stuff but I have no idea what to do lol So hopefully hell be able to help

I know I sound like a newb here.. well I am but:

As far as height adjustment, Im assuming the farther down the purple rings are on the thread the lower the height? And for the other pair, the deeper in the gold ring into the thread there the lower?
For the fronts you have correct. The rears... The more thread that is showing the lower it will be.

Aw man! I am jealous. I was waiting on a set of Koni Shocks for a while and ordered my V1s yesterday. GL with the install!

Ok. Wellthe amount if threading on the front is cimpletely different from the back. How do I make sure I drop it more on each side evenly

you will have to install, then drop to the ground and measure the ride height. then adjust as needed.

Question. Are the rear bump stops reused? If yes, do they need to be cut down?

Question. Are the rear bump stops reused? If yes, do they need to be cut down?

No. If you look closely, you can see bumpstops on the rear dampers.

The KW's look very similar to my Mazdaspeed coilovers which were also labeled with KW badges and had red springs instead of yellow. Great coilovers.

I was wondering if those were the bump stops. The shaft coming out of the top was confusing me. I'm guessing all you need to transfer over is the top mount?

let us know how LOW they can go.. might be looking to replace my BC's soon.

friend of mine just put in the V2s. he's still messing with the front but the rear doesn't go very low. we are both maxed in the rear and my H&Rs are a good half inch lower. don't know how that compares to the BCs. i could go another inch lower in the front with my H&Rs. and you could get another half inch lower in the rear on both the KWs and H&Rs if you want to start removing perches.

DanielJ from one of the other forums has the V2s and he was able to get rid of his wheel gap, and said it could go lower

Back