Got rear-ended today

The damage on my car is really difficult to see. Still got an estimate for $465 to bondo and paint the bumper. That didn't even take in to account the styrofoam under the cover that needs to be replaced. I'm going to find someone less expensive and remove and install the bumper myself to save a bunch of labor $$

KYREDP5 said:
Yeah, when I get back home I'll post everything included in the estimate, it was quite a bit. It was only $203 for parts, the rest was 30 some odd hours labor and paint. :D

That's laughable...when I first got the car, I asked people to start behind it and I hit the brake pedal. They would squint from the brake lights.

Of course, it's tough to see the brake lights when you're not paying attention, which this person obviously didn't.

Getting injured because of someone else's total disregard for the task at hand just pisses me off. You're driving a 3000 pound battering ram...pay attention to what the f*ck you're doing.

Regardless...I hope neither you or your wife (??) have any long-lasting injuries.

Mike R said:
The damage on my car is really difficult to see. Still got an estimate for $465 to bondo and paint the bumper. That didn't even take in to account the styrofoam under the cover that needs to be replaced. I'm going to find someone less expensive and remove and install the bumper myself to save a bunch of labor $$
Isn't the rear bumper plastic? I also thought that you couldn't use bondo on plastice bumpers?

I was also rear ended, but I didn't repair the bumper yet. Luckily I didn't cause f*cking ppl in NYC don't know how to park. There is a couple of scuff marks on my bumper, so what I plan is to replace the entire rear bumper next spring. How much is the bumper?

There is filler (bondo) for the plastic, I probably won't bother getting mine fixed. The car will undoubtedly get hit many more times. Heck, my front bumper is messed up just from the paint chipping off from all the construction debris on the beltway.

the only problem with plastic filler is it can pop out and crack easier because of the bumper flexing. i have seen it used many times and sometimes it will hold for a long time and other times it wont

Got the Police report today. Mr. "I was only traveling 10mph" managed to leave 18ft of skidmark.... (rolleyes)

$2100 seems like a lot! i know it's an estimate but wow! i got this and a new rear bumper cover repainted for $1300

Attachments

• crash 001-1.jpg
    crash 001-1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 102
You all seem to be forgetting this is to fix the dent in my panel above the rear door also. Here's a rundown of the estimate.

Replace rear bumper cover (paint etc), Rpr rear body panel, Mask lift gate, R&I all rear weatherstripping, R&I taillight assembly, repair roof panel, re-clearcoat roof, re-clearcoat area ENTIRE panel associated to the portion above and below the doors (including rear quarter panel), R&I headliner and roof rack moulding, R&I rear quarter window, R&I Fuel door, blend all surfaces, Refinish LT Sail Panel, R&I antenna mast, R&I srocker moulding, Color sand and buff all painted surfaces, re-do the pinstripe, plus a detail job is included with all repairs (wheel wells, calipers, underbody, and complete inside.

To me all that work from a VERY good shop should be around $2100.

thanks turbomatty!

ok, if you say so, just sounds like a lot to me. good luck man. i've been rear ended twice now, i'm paranoid!!

Last edited:
Back