Got my protege today dont know nothign about it, got questions!!

WinterBeater

:
2002 Protege ES2.0
well the car is going to be my winter beater, btu the questions i got is, mine seems to have 6 speakers? theirs 2 speakers in ea door, and two behind the rear seat on the (kinda like back dash) now i havent seen anywhere tht the car is a 6speaker system so id like some feedback on that, also was wondering if anyone has a post or knows of one of how to remove the dash to install a aftermarket HU ive looked around but havent found. and well thats pretty much it

thanks in advance!!

there are only 4 speakers. one in each front door and two in the rear deck. the rear doors do have a place for a 5 1/4 inch speaker but the speaker hole is just filled with foam. you would need a either a six channel receiver or an amp to power two additional speakers. to remove the receiver there should be a thin plastic trim piece around the perimeter you need to remove then you will need ford or mazda din removal keys to pull it out.

Tweeters in the A pillar? hmmm never heard of that, might have to look them up!

Can anybody provide pics? I've never seen what you're talking about.

Last edited:
ah awesome, thanks man. Next time i go to the junk yard I'll have to look for them. Sorry for the threadjack, heres what I did to get my head unit out...
First I popped off the faceplate around the HU and hvac, you can find how-to's on what you'll need to do for that. Definately do that because I didn't and learned the hard way ha ha. Remove the glove-box by squeezing the sides in and pulling down. After that you can get your hands behind the dash to push the tabs in and remove the HU, I used a small headed, long neck fscrewdriver. I'll find the how-to's and link them since I'll be needing them to put them fancy tweeters in myself ;)

Back