Got My new 2002 RED P5!

Stevenson

21566101-1sm.jpg

First things I have planned:
Bought a CIA and a Megan Catback exhaust
Going to tint the windows
Bought an Interior LED kit for the whole interior (red LED)
Going to paint the Rims a glossy black

Future plans:
???? NO IDEA YET!!!!

Will take pics once I get my initial changes made! :D

Good start.. 5spd? lol be careful on the tint. I have 5% all around and its SOO dark all the time lol

2002 Mazda Protege 5 (5speed) 186,000KM on body 49,000KM ON MOTOR New Brake Pads, Rotors, New Suspension Stock Radio, Aftermarket Deck, Amp, Subwoofer, 16" summer Rims, 15" Winter Rims/Tires (Tires are new)

I'm Gonna check with the laws when I go to get it tinted, I was thinking between 15-25% tint though lol. Leaning towards 25%

laws are pretty tough on tint. I'm not sure where your from but the local sherifs dep. here told me that 40% was legal, but they would let 20% and up slide. I used to manager a Tim Hortons so they like me enough to let me slide with the 5%. But I do drive with the window down when its warm enough to stay out of trouble in towns I'mnot familiar with.

Just curious where are you located since you measure in KM and not Mileage.

Im in Southern Ontario, London to be exact... Just over the border from tiy bafilio. Googled it and this is the law : Ontario - For the driver’s compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver’s compartment, any film can be installed....

So people are saying 35% is the safe bet, but granted my interior will have lots of LED's I could probably get away with 25% no?

Congrats on the purchase!

Good start.. 5spd? lol be careful on the tint. I have 5% all around and its SOO dark all the time lol

Yea 5% is no joke! I backed into a shopping cart at Wal-Mart a month ago because I didn't see it. I think it's time to go lighter.

Congrats on the purchase!

Yea 5% is no joke! I backed into a shopping cart at Wal-Mart a month ago because I didn't see it. I think it's time to go lighter.

Yeah i've done that too!

yeah 25% should be able to cut it.
You could swing 20% its a more freaquently used so it should be cheaper.

Welcome and x2 on color of choice. ;)

Seeing that pic brings back some memories of when I bought mine. Add the DIY black out of the headlights to your list (how-to can be found on the forum).

Was the roof rack optional on the 02 P5's in Canada?

Welcome and x2 on color of choice. ;)

Seeing that pic brings back some memories of when I bought mine. Add the DIY black out of the headlights to your list (how-to can be found on the forum).

Was the roof rack optional on the 02 P5's in Canada?

Thanks Guys! and no it wasn't optional, the previous owner had taken it off I believe! and would you happend to havea link to the how-to for DIY blackout?? I did a search and found nothing but I would def love to look into it!

WoW! sexy and cheap, just the way I like it lol, I thought it was the actuall plastic glass casing that was done when doing that, but its alot easier then I thought it would be... Def adding that to the list!

What kind of driving do you do? 6k is going to be a bit more blueish than the 5k but from what I've heard yields decent output at night. Anything higher though becomes virtually useless for night driving.

I have Techone 4k in my P5 and just bought a DDM 4.5k kit for the wife's MPV. I'll be installing them tomorrow. :)

What kind of driving do you do? 6k is going to be a bit more blueish than the 5k but from what I've heard yields decent output at night. Anything higher though becomes virtually useless for night driving.

I have Techone 4k in my P5 and just bought a DDM 4.5k kit for the wife's MPV. I'll be installing them tomorrow. :)

Just normal city and highway driving! Probably more driving at night so I hope the 6k is alright cuz I already ordered it!

haha, fair enough then. thats what i did, ordered the 6k then wanted to change it but was too late. oh well, i still like them a lot

Just normal city and highway driving! Probably more driving at night so I hope the 6k is alright cuz I already ordered it!

You should be ok. I've talked to a few people here in PA that have run 6k and said they could see fine at night and in adverse conditions.

If you really wanted to change the order you can. I believe you need to call them direct to do so. Just be prepared to wait a long time or call back often.

Nice car, it looks familiar. I have the exact same HIDs and you should like them they are really bright. The canadian P5's didn't have the roof rack, which I wish mine didn't. Can't wait to see it after you get the first few mods done.

Latest posts

Back