Got my E-spec aspheric mirrors

*bump*
I have a '99 Protege with the glass gone on the driver's side (damn construction barrels...). Has anyone come up with anything??????

holokaustos said:
*bump*
I have a '99 Protege with the glass gone on the driver's side (damn construction barrels...). Has anyone come up with anything??????
What?

holokaustos said:
What what? Am I missing something?
When you say "glass", do you mean mirror? And when you say "anything", do you mean group buy?

StuttersC said:
Hmm, did you get new housings too, or just mirrors?

I'd like to get the heated mirros and housing...In laser blue mica of course.
I just got the mirrors. They just pop right out.

LinuxRacr said:
I just got the mirrors. They just pop right out.
Are they the heated version? That's what I want so I can defrost those puppies for times like yesterday where they were all snowed up and I couldn't see.

Where did you get yours? CorkySport?

the only real urgent upgrade on my SP20/P5 is the narrow view angle of the driver side mirror.

but then, i'm in New Zealand, we drive on the left. Can i just get a US-spec passenger side P5 mirror and it should work pretty well, ugh? Then any passenger side SP20/P5 mirror in NZ, OZ, Japan, GB will work for your drived side mirrors in the states.

Last edited:
LinuxRacr said:
Nope, not the heated mirrors. Just the plain ol inserts. I got mine from http://www.rx7.com

A local Rotary Performance shop in the DFW area.

Do you know how the heated mirrors would get wired up?

Also, has anybody got this mod lately? Availability good/bad...

Saban said:
Do you know how the heated mirrors would get wired up?

Also, has anybody got this mod lately? Availability good/bad...

Um, your defrost switch be the first place I would try to wire these in on.

StuttersC said:
Um, your defrost switch be the first place I would try to wire these in on.

Yeah that's what I figured. My DSM had heated mirrors and they worked the same way. (Hit the rear defrost switch and the mirrors defrosted too.)

Back