Goodyear F1 rating

mspdfreak

:
2006 Mustang GT
Just got my new Goodyear Eagle F1's installed. The ride is SO much quieter than stock. They also take bumps alot smoother. I lost a little bit in cornering, but you have to push it to tell. I'll repost when I get a little more wear on them, or after it rains.

Keep the info coming...I'm contemplating getting these shortly. Really wish I could get something equal performance to the RE040s for not so much coin though - I love the stock rubber.

Well, guess what? UPS just delivered 4 more F1's to my house that I DIDIN'T order! Im checking to see if I was double-billed. If not, I may have them for sale soon. Maybe. Maybe I'll return them. Maybe. They would be cheap if I sold them. Maybe.

Oh, more info...

I've had them on for a couple of days, now. Rain traction is unreal. I was doing 80 in the rain and they were dead solid. The sidewalls aren't as stiff as the stockers, and you feel it in hard cornering, though they don't seem to want to lose traction. These soak up bumps MUCH better. The road noise is much less, as well. In summary, you don't get quite the hard cornering, but they are quieter, better in the rain, and will last much longer....plus they were $40 cheaper each tire than the REO40's

OMG! I call dibs on that 2nd set you got if you end up selling them LOL! Here's another request - let us know how they respond to colder temps (like in the 50s or so).
EDIT - just saw you were in Mississippi so 50s might be tough LOL!

Yeah, it'll be awhile before we see 50's I'm seeking group interest for the 2nd set. How does 450+ shipping sound? That's $100 cheaper than what I paid.

mspdfreak said:
Yeah, it'll be awhile before we see 50's I'm seeking group interest for the 2nd set. How does 450+ shipping sound? That's $100 cheaper than what I paid.
Well, that's not a bad price but the thing is I can order them direct from discount tire's website for $485 shipped to my door (once you factor in the $75 gas rebate that's available on 4 goodyear tires). So personally I'd rather go that route.

I don't know who you bought them from, but the company that shipped has access to the tracking records and might realize that they sent you two sets. UPS will show to deliveries to you. HMMM.

They are great tires for sure. I have had mine on for 10K+ miles.

Back