Goodbye all....

Holy shitballs...that sucks ass. One of our top NA guys is leaving us. I hope everything goes well, and for god's sake, I hope you stay out of the hole. I know you must feel like s***, but when you're ready to get back into, there are plenty of used Proteges out there waiting for a home......can someone say FE3 1st Gen? Keep us updated Greg....

so sorry to hear that greg. you'll be greatly missed here.

but atleast you're talking to us....it could be worse!

but certainly feel free to stay here. there are a few non-mazda owners hanging around - ie 1sty

Thank God you are not dead and or anyone else. I do feel that if you want to make it happen to you can come out of things like this a much better person then before. It may cost you money and maybe your freedom at this point in time. I see it like this, cars can be replaced and you can move on with your life becuase you and no one else is dead. It may not sound good but you very lucky. You are still alive and you should be thankfull to be able to deal with your actions. It will be very hard for a while but in the end you will make a choice. If you come away with all of this and learn from it your life will be much better and you will also feel much better about yourself. If you come away from this as if you got screwed then you are only going to fail again.

I do not know you so do not take anything that I posted the wrong way. I have lost people I know do to DWI. It is something that I feel very close to my heart. While I have never had to deal with an DWI myself I have had to deal with the loss that it can cause. Most of the people that I know or did know with DWIs were all good people, more then likely just like you. They just needed some better help with direction from the people around them. I think you will now find that most of the people you know have always been there to help you.

If you think things look bad right now you are kidding yourself. Think about how it would look if you killed someone or a car full of people. You are very lucky to be alive and no one has lost a Mom, Dad, brother, sister, Baby or anyone other loved one. Be a man and deal with things as you must for now and walk away a stronger and better person down the road. Be well and good luck.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

This is a great community! I won't forget this. I have already started attending AA meetings and everytime I go I feel better and stronger. I am very lucky to still be here and also that no one else had to be injured or killed by my stupidity. I have struggled with this before but never lost like I have this time. This will be the last time i have to deal with this and I know I will come out of it a better person...i already have. In regards to the parts...here is some of what i will have available..
Crower exhaust cam
Stock intake cam
Alpine 9805 HU
Alpine Type S subwoofer+qlogic enclosure
kenwood K629s amp 60wattx2 rms
Profile 300 wattx1 rms amp
Stock throttle body
Stock exhaust manifold and hollow cat and downpipe
Stock primary cat
The car is being taken by insurance so that we can pay off the rest of the money owed on the car. Again thanks for all the support... It has already helped. I will probably still be on and off the board...but i dont feel that i can be a moderator so maybe you guys should start selecting a new one. I have some ideas on who i would choose. I will get through this. I already have a good lawyer who will hopefully keep me out of jail since that is all i hope for at this point. When I do purchase another car it may be a mazda....will have to be used since my insurance will probably suck... definately a 5speed....at least i will have alot of choices. :D

good luck man seriously i hope it all works out and thanks for all your help. I know you a good guy and you fight for what you believe in so be safe and you know every event in life is a lesson and its make you stronger as you are reliezing now. that 90 day chip will be the next most important thing in your life... I will pray for you and im glad you have learned the error of your ways.

thanks for everything...

This may sound crazy, but I find it hard to blame you for it either Greg. I'm not sure why, but it's more socially accepted to drink and drive in the US than in Canada. A friend of mine, whom I grew up with, moved to Michigan when he was 23(he's 28 now), and one of the first things he noticed was that all the young people don't wear seatbelts(I swear, EVERYONE wears their seatbelt here), and that everyone drives home from the bar. He was dumbfounded by it at first, because it's really looked down upon by your peers here, but in the end, he ended up doing it too. He's never had a problem yet, but I think young people in America need to be more responsable. Obviously I'm not saying everyone there does it, but every time I've visited him, I would see people absolutely hammered, leaving the bar and getting into their cars. Including him...so I'd make him stop and get something to eat and take our time so we could sober up. And yes, people DO do it here, and it is a problem, but it carries the stigma of say, doing crack.....so next time someone sees someone that wants to drive home from a bar drunk, b**** slap em!

Last edited:
Damn, Greg. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But I think it has already made you stronger, simply because you're accepting the fact you messed up and are willing to deal with the consequences. Too many people would try to run and hide. I have been through alot of sh*t in my time, and it is true that it isn't what happens to you, but how you react to it that will define you. From what I've come to know about you from the board, you'll be good. Just be thankfull you didn't take anyone from their families. Including yours.

Best wishes, bro.

This thread itself goes to show you that we are so much more than just an "online message board"...I'm sad to hear such news but proud to see how supportive everyone is...I've removed you Mod status for now but you are always welcome here...some experiences in life are horrible but make for the best lessons...and open the best doors...stay strong.

Wow, I'm glad you were ok in the end and that you didn't hurt anyone. I'm also glad your taking the right steps by going to AA and handling this situation, which is more than most people would want to do. Good luck and wish you the best.

good to see you are taking steps to recovery, emotional and physical, and it is honor to us here on the forum that you would trust people you know only through typing with such delicate and personal information. take this as another one of life's many lessons and move forward. good luck!

greg i'm sure we'll see you back here some day...hopefully soonish. you will be missed, that's for sure.

ps - i think gen1 is on to something suggesting you get a 1st gen ;)

GOD GREG!!! I FEEL LIKE CRAP NOW READING OF WHAT HAPPENED! NO MAN THIS CANT BE HAPPENING. Man, GREAT THING that you are intact, well and alive. Dude DONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT THE CAR, its a piece of metal. Man, no wonder you werent answering my phone calls, as you were busy, and DEFINETLY didnt wanna talk to anyone at those points. Man, this is horse s***. Alright, Im stopping swearing so you wont feel bad, hehe. Man, if you need something, just let me know man. We are not any regular community here, we are here to help each other, at least I feel that way, and Im sure few more people on here feel same way. Everyone makes mistakes and good thing that no one got hurt, so cheer up man, money is just a paper, so dont worry about that. Greg if you will need anything, just let me know bro!

s*** dude. Just stumbled onto this. Glad no one was hurt!! Good for you to take responsibility of your actions. And...thanks for the help on the boards. You shouldn't leave. No reason to leave. Stick around and share your knowledge and wisdom. We can use all the help we can get. Just because you don't have a car anymore doesn't mean you can't share your past experiences while tuning your car.

Update: So I was supposed to have my court date yesterday and have this all cleared up. However it has been rescheduled for many months from now. So i may be getting a vehicle sooner than i had thought for the interim. However it will most likely be an unmodifiable pos. BTW I have been going to AA meetings every day since the incident and that has been going very well. When this is all taken care of, at this rate it could be years till my license is restored, but i will be back to tuning, as i have mentioned on other threads it will probably be a VW, sorry mazda guys. I have my reasons. But i am gonna be around more trying to give some tips where i feel they may be needed. Again thanks for all the support.

Eh Greg, sorry to see you going but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! Best of luck to you and sux that your court was rescheduled, at least from my point of view. I would just want to get it over with as quick as possible, heh. Well stay in touch dude! Hope to see you more on the forums!

On the side note... Ever after that day at that mini meet I saw your header, I just wanted to get one so bad and Im actually getting it shipped to me soon, hehe. Greg! You're the man!

Back