Goodbye 2006 Hello 2012

Davicho

:
ZoomZoom
Hey guys. So sadly I had to get rid of my beloved 2006 Touring 5MT :-(
Too many issues started to come up that started to add up, that and the fact that my wife couldn't drive it because it was manual. So....in its place is now:

2012 Liquid Silver Mazda5 Grand Touring 5AT
Bought 4-19-14
$17,850
Certified Pre-Owned
43,212 miles

So with this said I've got a few things to sell that are listed on eBay and also here on Enthusify.

-OEM RUBBER ALL SEASON MATS
-OEM MOONROOF VISOR
-OEM NOSE MASK
-MEGAN RACING LOWERING SPRINGS (BRAND NEW IN BOX)

Bummer, and you just did all that suspension work too. At least the new car already has the 2012 suspension! I bet you are missing the manual gearbox though. Couldn't talk the wife into learning the manual?

Yeah I did remove my rear MS3 sway bar that I will be installing on my new one after the 12mo/12k mile warranty runs out. So essentially all I lost was the 2012+ springs which my new one has anyway. Eyeballs, I really do miss my manual gearbox the most but all in all the new one is way better in everyday...well maybe not the styling too much but I'll learn to love it. I had taught my wife how to drive manual but as much as I persisted she just refused to use it which was good for the most part unless I needed to use her CX9 for the day or I decided to pound a few back at a party or gathering. Anyway I miss the manual and the styling but I don't miss anything else.

Congrats on the new-er car! I feel your pain on the loss of the manual trans. My 07 was a 5 speed, my new to me 06 is an auto. I actually find myself loving the auto more and more every day. Other than its consistent down-shifting to maintain speed when climbing the mountains near my house, it is one of the better autos i have ever driven. I especially like the fact that the "manual" mode actually does what you tell it to, and when you tell it to do so. Having driven an older VW "Shiftronic" and a few Hyundai manumatics which were obstinate at best in manual mode I was very pleased with the Mazdas programming.

Congrats, you never left!

I too miss the manual (way peppier) but in the same tune as everyone who's trade up, the GT packaging + auto makes this a much better all around car.

How did you decide to go with the newer style vs an 08-10??

I would have preferred a 2010 GT had I found one that's was certified. However, the ones that I found that were certified were mostly Sport models...and well, I couldn't accept downgrading from my Touring with Navi to a bare bones model. So I went with the joker smile new gen simply because it was a GT, it was certified and all in all it is a way better and improved generation. Not to mention I got it for a good price as well. I'm loving it so far.

Just picked up 2012 myself last night, for the wife. We test drove 2013 and she liked 2012 better for some reason.
Says rides softer and price was no comparison :)
When I get to drive it, I'll miss the cruise control, I can't believe it is no a standard on the touring package.
You get rain sensing wipers but no cruise, who cam up with that package idea (drunk)

Just picked up 2012 myself last night, for the wife. We test drove 2013 and she liked 2012 better for some reason.
Says rides softer and price was no comparison :)
When I get to drive it, I'll miss the cruise control, I can't believe it is no a standard on the touring package.
You get rain sensing wipers but no cruise, who cam up with that package idea (drunk)

Something doesn't seem right about that lack of cruise control. My wife's 2012 sport 6MT has cruise control. I don't recall there being any changes to the suspension for 2013. I thought it was mainly the turn signal mirrors and USB port.

Something doesn't seem right about that lack of cruise control. My wife's 2012 sport 6MT has cruise control. I don't recall there being any changes to the suspension for 2013. I thought it was mainly the turn signal mirrors and USB port.

Eyeballs, he is in Canada. I think cruise is an option for them unless is the GT. I agree with you on the suspension though. I also thought it was a carry over.

(Eyeballs) he is in Canada. I think cruise is an option for them unless is the GT. I agree with you on the suspension though. I also thought it was a carry over.

It could be the fact that the new car we tried had leather seats and we got regular kind as well as maybe the suspension a bit broke in with a few miles?

Interested in the OEM All Weather Mats. How much are you selling them for?

BTW, congrats on the new ride!

Sorry rapscallion I sold them on eBay already. I know it won't benefit you but here are the two items I've got left to sell:

06-07 Mazda5 Nose mask (NOW $65 FREE SHIPPING)
06-13 Mazda5 Moonroof visor (NOW $35 FREE SHIPPING)

whoever wants both I will sell for $90 including shipping.

How is the extra vents in the back different for you? Or did your older one have the extra vents? Mine doesn't, and our other car (minivan) has vents all over the back, and the kids at least say it's better back there for them.

Everyone back there is a lot happier with the rear A/C vents. No more over heating back there. It really does make a huge difference.

Your ealier car was tinted, correct? Did you notice any improvement just from that? If you didn't tint the 5, why not?

My 2006 was tinted already when I bought it, however, my 2012 was not. I can tell you that tinting DOES help because my old 2006 was cooler even without the rear A/C then my un-tinted 2012 with rear A/C. Of course, I couldn't survive without the tint, so I just got my new 2012 tinted last weekend 15% on all the rear glasses and 20% on both fronts.

Wow, 20%, I'd get a ticket for tint in about 10 minutes.
Maybe We can do 90% on a good day with out cops getting fuzzy. (I mean fussy)

Yeah I feel you. I'm knocking on wood and praying to God that I don't get a ticket either. I just wanted it to look uniform and I didn't want to go drastic dark in the rear (which I want for privacy) and super light in the fronts. I don't like the dual shade thing.

Man do I love living in West Virginia! I went with 5% on all the rear glass, which in a van is 100% legal here. It is really really dark! And I should admit, hard to back down my driveway at night LOL

Back