Good winter car?

4drboost

:
2002 Honda S2000
Hey guys, wow, its been a few years since I have been on here since the purchase of my S2000, but now its time for a solid winter car, and possibly daily. So I am looking back into the Mazda scene since my first car was a 90 626, and that was the best car I have ever owned! So I found this 91 626 for $500, and I want to know what your opinion is. It has 250k on it, and I know thats high, even though its a good car, but do you think I will be buying a money pit? Or if I tune it up a bit, I could get a few years out of it? It has been in the family its whole life, so thats somewhat good. Just need your input. Thanks guys
Ian
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/1433245129.html

i personally would look for a newer model, but if you really want that '91, i say go for it and swap in a newer engine. Also, be careful if it is an automatic, see the various threads about tranny problems. Other than that, i absolutely love my 2001 626. especially in the snow :D

Its a nice looking, reliable, light, gas sipping machine, so its a great choice for a daily driver. And its pretty quick to boot, haha.

Back