Good/ Bad

Skywlkr

:
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Hey Everyone, I just purchsed a MS6 (I know there is a different area for them, but this pertains to MSP) and wanted your opinions on mods. Those of you who have modded your MSP, what mods did you feel were good (worth the money, gave you better perfmorance, would do again, etc.)? and what mods did you not like (not worth the money, did nothing for you, didn't work well, etc.)? Thanks for all you opinions. I hope to start the work on mine after the new year.

Any help would be appreciated.

SMIC , ACT Street Clutch + Redline Tranny Fluid, Greddy Type S BOV + Reflex Diverter BPV (dual valve setup) and Apexi 2.5" catted downpipe...

those are the ones that made the biggest difference for me...nice MS6! good luck

Skywlkr said:
Thanks.....did you do all the work yourself?
hell no! tranny work was done at a performance shop, downpipe was installed at an exhaust shop and SMIC was installed by Alejo_NIN (forum name)

Skywlkr said:
Hey Everyone, I just purchsed a MS6 (I know there is a different area for them, but this pertains to MSP) and wanted your opinions on mods. Those of you who have modded your MSP, what mods did you feel were good (worth the money, gave you better perfmorance, would do again, etc.)? and what mods did you not like (not worth the money, did nothing for you, didn't work well, etc.)? Thanks for all you opinions. I hope to start the work on mine after the new year.

Any help would be appreciated.

get a flywheel :D

So wait. You have an MS6 but are wondering about MSP mods? The cars are 99.9% different (that 0.1% because they're both have Mazda emblems on them in various places)

Thinking about picking up an msp?

I have a cattless exhaust, nice power gain for about 60 bucks.
Also the SS AFC has been amazing and thats power that will keep giving depending on your mods and how well you can tune for only about 260.

Kansei said:
So wait. You have an MS6 but are wondering about MSP mods? The cars are 99.9% different (that 0.1% because they're both have Mazda emblems on them in various places)

NO. I'm just curious what mods you guys have done since your cars have been out longer and there are not that many mods available for the MS6 yet. I was also assuming that what worked well on the msp will work well on the MS6 also.

Well in the MSP world you can't even go over 200whp before you need to replace the stock piston rods with forged ones.. that's no fun.

I'm sure a turboback exhaust would net some nice gains on the Mazdaspeed.

Ok so just out of curiosity, does the flywheel help you shift easier or faster? I've always noticed when quick shifting I sometimes have a hard time getting it back into gear especially now with much more boost.

Back