GM rolls out Chevrolet Camaro concept

Ok, it's official. The "retro" styling thing is old.... and lame.

What happened to good old automotive evolution? The way things are headed we'll never get to see any real NEW car designs.

At least japan hasn't been suckered in yet. So far we keep getting new things from them.

Rickman said:

What happened to good old automotive evolution? The way things are headed we'll never get to see any real NEW car designs.

At least japan hasn't been suckered in yet. So far we keep getting new things from them.
yeah, but Japanese cars (particularly the sedans) all look alike..

MiaTurbo said:

That's been mostly true up until recently. They seem to be trying a little harder lately to establish some differentiation.

Rickman said:

They may have taken some design cues from the old style, but it really doesn't look the same at all to me. It's a decent look I think, not great, not horrible either. Anyways, there's only so many variations you can possibly do on an FR layout(or any other layout) before you start to see repeating patterns.

MiaTurbo said:

You got that right! Plus in Japan the only real sport car they had was the Datsun 2000 or something like that back in the late 60's, which is the precursor of the Z from the 70's to now. So, going back with a concept is not a bad thing as long everything else is new. Now as far the new Camaro is concern, I think they did not do justice. GM still don't really want to give it a "retro" look, and I think that Ford and now Dodge will outsell them if they decide to make this. The car from the side has a look but on the front it looks like a XLR Cadillac. They needed to make the front a little closer to the original, at least with hideaway type lights. The back lights are not right. Anyway, GM is been sucking for a while now...

not digging at as much as the challenger or stang. s***, not digging it as much as the current GTO

Captain KRM P5 said:
not digging at as much as the challenger or stang. s***, not digging it as much as the current GTO

Agreed. Doesn't stand a chance against the 'Stang or Challenger.

I'll take one, better then the pussy designs thats been coming from the imports. I want a car to look mean and have curb appeal, The challanger and the camaro fits nicely.

CamaroGrey09.jpg

I doubt chevy will produce anything that looks even remotely close to this...

this picture is not making me feel very nostalgic either way...

Last edited:
its making me feel nostalgic about a taco bell s***.. they look remarkably similar

The HHR, SSR and the Corvette all look very like their concepts. Other then minor changes i dont see why not they can't bring that to reality other then the 22inch wheels.

Rickman said:

You are right.
But somehow I keep wishing Toyota would make a retro AE86.

Rickman said:
so that means it's finally time for GM to step up to the plate. they are quick to catch on to the market

well the web page isn't loading for me. But if the pic posted by 03MzdSpdSTP is the concept, I'm really liking it. I like the mean retro stuff. Not the pussy PT cruiser kind of stuff... That and the Challenger would both be in my list of choices if I was looking.

Back