GI: Protege Factory 6 disc changer upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 side strips to pull off on left & right side of HU. Then you'll need 4 ford key remover tools. 2 go in each side to depress the release ears on the HU to pull it out of dash. 4 wire coathanger pieces shaped like a u can be used as well. Anyway, pull it straight out taking care to keep keys depressed so ears don't scratch radio surround on the way out & on the way back in when done. Undo the antenna & harness & your done. Next there are a couple of red screws that hold the CD module to top of HU. Remove them & module unplugs right out of the HU. The 6 changer goes in same place, screw back in & pop new face cover in place with load button on it. Put back in dash. Good to go.

There are 2 side strips to pull off on left & right side of HU. Then you'll need 4 ford key remover tools. 2 go in each side to depress the release ears on the HU to pull it out of dash. 4 wire coathanger pieces shaped like a u can be used as well. Anyway, pull it straight out taking care to keep keys depressed so ears don't scratch radio surround on the way out & on the way back in when done. Undo the antenna & harness & your done. Next there are a couple of red screws that hold the CD module to top of HU. Remove them & module unplugs right out of the HU. The 6 changer goes in same place, screw back in & pop new face cover in place with load button on it. Put back in dash. Good to go.

Man you guys are awsome at 5AM! I'm still working on making coffee!

Man you guys are awsome at 5AM! I'm still working on making coffee!
Well, if my heel plate never materializes I'm gonna be needin some of those heelpad mazdaspeed floormats. Does this mean I qualified for a discount? LOL

then why are people saying its hard?

then why are people saying its hard?
Dunno, it's not. Maybe they're just scared or they own a dealership & want your business. It may resist if it's been there for a long time without ever being removed but still not difficult by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back