GI For titanium shifter parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesCH

:
2009 Mazdaspeed3; 1991 Turbo Miata
From my project thread "An Obscene Use of Titanium" http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123754655

Please read for details! Important posts are #1 and #30.

I would like to gauge the potential interest in making a set of titanium short-throw shifter plates with inertia-matched shifter weights (probably SS, not TI because the Ti would cost over $60 per weight). I could probably accommodate individualized shifter throws and neutral offsets. My preliminary estimates suggest that I need about 8 interested people to make this worth while, but 18-20 would be best.

Build a list and I'll do my best to make it happen! Include your max price keeping in mind that buying a weight and STS plate will run you around $110-$120 out of plain steel/aluminum.

Hate to say it, but you probably won't get that much interest b/c the shift plate can be made for cheap out of steel bar available at any lowes or home depot. Someone has already made one for himself and is posting the plans so anyone can do it for themselves if they want to.

Granted, steel isn't titanium, but you'd probably have to come in even cheaper than the Jazzy plates since a lot of people (myself included) think $110-120 is too much already. But mad props to ya for being able to turn out stuff like this.

(shrug) you're probably right. Just thought I'd put the option out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back