Gauging Interest: Carbon Fiber Trunk

I don't have a grand for a trunk but I have also tried getting one made. One company I asked said that it would throw off the cars balance and they wouldn't make it. I also tried for CF fenders but again, denied. Someone with a shop should start a GB. Thats how I got my Fiber Images CF hood in '02.

i'd love to have this available.

ForceFed- you ever find an artist? sorry to keep prying.

why can we get a group buy for a VIS evo style cf hood for like $500.. but we can't get a trunk? I bet if VIS made a trunk, a lot of ppl would buy both their hood and trunk.

reason being.. ive trued with them.. they fell that it is not worth it.. they would put to much money into and no one will buy it.. i mentions it to extreme dimensions too.. they dont feel it as being high priority either.

well say just me and you sign a contract or something to buy both an evo style cf hood and cf trunk from VIS if they were to make it... 2 heads are better than 1? Maybe they might make enough profit off selling like 2 trunks to make it worthwhile. 1 definately wouldn't be worth it for the company... but i know others will be interested.. and selling 2 right off the bat might be good insentive? dunno

Hey, I already have a CF hood but if a third person will help, I'll take one. WHEN this happens, I'm sure a few more would join when final specs were anounced.

carbon fiber trunk

I want a carbon fiber trunk. My mp3 was vandalized. Two rocks about the size of my hand were thrown at it. One rock hit the trunk, which made a dent the size of the rock and made about 10 deep scratches in the paint all the way to the metal. The other rock hit the passenger side rear door and window. Made 2 dents and deep scracthes on the door. Did not break the window, but scratched it to deep to buff out. It happened at a friend house, I was parked on the side of the road with half of my car in the grass. It was in Murfeesboro, TN. I don't know who did it.
I didn't see who did it. They left the rocks laying on the road beside the car. It happened a few weeks before christmas, and I was getting an alarm for christmas.
So I turned into insurance, they came looked at it. The damage was $1,317 - $240 deductible. I got a check for $1,077. The cheapest and best qualility body shop is going to fix and repaint the trunk and door. Also repalce window and retint for $1,040.
I set up app. for them to fix on monday 01-19-2004.

Should I get them to do this or should I wait and get carbon fiber trunk? Carbon fiber trunk looks like its going to be around $1,000 by what one of you are saying. Should I do that and wait on fixing window and door. The window is barley noticable and the door is not anywhere as bad as the trunk. Also I don't have a carbon fiber hood yet. If I got the carbon fiber trunk then I would have to get the hood or I would just look stupid driving around with just the trunk. Which means more money for me to spend.

One more question? Should I keep the "mazda" bage, mazda emblem, and "mp3" emblem off if I do get trunk repaired? If I do this I would take the "mp3" badges off the side doors.

I was also going to try and get the auto exe grille and lower lip and get painted when the body shop paints the trunk and door. Then I would not have any bagdes.

I live in Smyrna, TN which is 10-15 min from Nashville, TN. The reason I want to make my 2001 Blue mp3 different is there
is in smyrna and murfreesboro, TN

(1) 2001 blue mp3 (stock with euro's)
(1) 2003 orange mazdaspeed
(2) 2003.5 yellow mazdapeed
(1) 2003.5 titanium mazdaspeed
These I have all seen myself
I have heard there is another blue mp3 with some stupid mirror fade to blue window tint with a black gril driving it.

i already have a hood, but gimme a number of how much the trunk would cost, and ill see if i can squeeze it into my budget for late spring.....

OK, lets make a list of people who want a CF trunk and have atleast $500 to buy one. I want to see how many people could do this before I even talk to companies. To do a trunk would probably take 20+ prepays so I'll start with 20 and add more if needed (remember, this may take months to complete. I preordered my hood in November 2001 and didn't receive it until May 2002)

1.Shaun (carbonfibermp3)

Last edited:
Oh, also add a hood on the list if you want one too.

1.Shaun (carbonfibermp3)-trunk

see.. now im iffy about the trunk because i dont know if it will ever happen, and i dont want to wait around forever. i might just go with a lexus is300 conversion on my stock trunk :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Thats fine. I know some people don't/can't wait that long so thats why I added it. Judging from the Reactive and RacingMazda header buys, everything we order takes a long time.

Also, if anyone is interested, I will be talking to VIS, Fiber Images, and DG Motorsports when 20 people sign up.

2.Tom (Yellowspeed1229)-Trunk

2.Tom (Yellowspeed1229)-Trunk
3.Matt(ForceFed)-Trunk :D

Back