Gas mileage question

Hi everyone,

I'll just add my 2 cents to this thread...

I own a CX-5 - 6Mt - FWD.
Had about 5500Km (about 3400 Miles) on the ODO before the trip.

Filled up the gas tank in Plattsburgh, reset all the counters, got on I-87 - destination : New Jersey. Did some sight seeing with the car in Jersey. Filled the tank and headed back to Plattsburgh where I filled the tank back up. There is a difference of 0.2 L/100Km between the car computer and my own calculations. So I give you my numbers, not the car computer's.

1412 Km's later (877 miles)
90.5 Liters of gas later (23.90 US Gallons)

• 6.4 L/100Km (36.75 Miles/US Gal. - 44.14 Miles/UK Gal.)
  • Cruise control set at 68 miles per hour (except construction zones and tolls)
  • A/C on medium
  • Lots of luggage for the family

Before the trip - first 5500Km - 80% city/20% highway driving :
7.4L/100Km (31.79 Miles/US Gal. - 38.17 Miles/UK Gal.)

Now, my consumption: FWD - 7.2l/100km. 70% city + 30% Hyw

Pretty close to the same as me, I am at 7.7/100km. AWD 2.0 Man. I do like to floor it in 2.gear some times and have some fun on winding roads, so that costs clearly. Still only on 1200km so expecting it to go further down.

for the past 2 days, i got 17-18mpg. all in the city(NY), a lot of stop and go. We have a Touring FWD. Travelling to NJ on the Freeway we get about 33-35mpg.

Nevermind those numbers I put up, they were mostly on the highway and they dipped down as I drove more and more to around 25.6 :) that is what i currently see on the display. At the time I put that up I did not even have 100 miles on the car.

Same here... When almost new I got 27MPG on the highway (same time of year as now) but after a year an 10K mi the best I can get is 25MPG, same road, same speed. Neither is approaching the 31MPG rating. I even pulled off the roof bars to see if it mattered. It didn't.

Tim

300 miles on the clock of my 2017 GT AWD. Rolling hills. Averaging 26 on this first tank.

Same here... When almost new I got 27MPG on the highway (same time of year as now) but after a year an 10K mi the best I can get is 25MPG, same road, same speed. Neither is approaching the 31MPG rating. I even pulled off the roof bars to see if it mattered. It didn't.

Tim

At this rate you will get negative mpg after 130k miles. -1 mpg. So you will go back 1 mile after consuming a gallon. Better sell it.

Back