gas for turbo cars

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Any gas station that sells 91 or 93 octane is fine as long as they have newer tanks and change the filters often. Don't fall victim to the marketing hype and pay to much for "additives" to our gas which makes us the best.

does anyone know what the best gas company to use for turbo cars? i have heard chevron but i dont know if it really makes too much of a difference or what

I'm a big fan of the BP station close to my house. For some reason, and it could be entirely in my head, I feel like my car runs better on their 93 octane.

EDIT: According to that list, QuickTrip is a "Top Tier" filling station?? They only have 91 and I've always heard they buy the cheapest stuff available since their money maker is the huge convenience store.

I'm a big fan of the BP station close to my house. For some reason, and it could be entirely in my head, I feel like my car runs better on their 93 octane.

EDIT: According to that list, QuickTrip is a "Top Tier" filling station?? They only have 91 and I've always heard they buy the cheapest stuff available since their money maker is the huge convenience store.

I have actually logged better gas mileage on similar trips on BP gas over pretty much everyone else, including shell

Usually BP nets me about 3mpg better than shell

In the manual I think it says the MS6 will acheive greatest performance with 93 octane. When 93 is unavailable, 91 or 92 can be used. It also says 87 or lower can be used as an emergency, lol.

I'm in Canada and we can't get 93 octane. The best type of gas we can get is 94 from sunoco, all other gas station provide up to 91 or 92. Shell would work but like I said, sunoco for us is pretty decent.

i just noticed the other day on the inside of the gas door it says "premium unleaded fuel only". though i've always run 93 anyway.

if you want to use cheap gas, go ahead... but don't tell people gas is gas and potentially shortening their fuel filter's life which is a pain to replace and expensive!

I thought all gas stations had to put in 10% ethanol?
Apparently not. There is a station in Huntsville, AL, that openly states that they do not have ethanol in their fuel. I'm not sure how they get around oxygenation requirements, though.

ya cuz i heard from someone that chevron has the best gas for turbo cars, so i was just wondering what yall thought

In the manual I think it says the MS6 will acheive greatest performance with 93 octane. When 93 is unavailable, 91 or 92 can be used. It also says 87 or lower can be used as an emergency, lol.

I'm in Canada and we can't get 93 octane. The best type of gas we can get is 94 from sunoco, all other gas station provide up to 91 or 92. Shell would work but like I said, sunoco for us is pretty decent.

Really? Some Chevrons around here sell 94... Some Petrol Canadas do too, not all though. I'm from Vancouver by the way. Maybe Toronto is being shafted.... but ur gas is cheaper than ours by a LONG shot. Its currently 110.9 outside... fail

Ethanol content is a common ordinance for US municipalities. The 10% ethanol that is put into unleaded fuel now will decrease your fuel mileage a little bit. However, it will also raise the octane rating of that gas somewhat.

Most 93 octane with 10% ethanol will actually be closer to 94.4. Most 91 octane with 10% ethanol will actually be closer to 92.7. Your fuel economy will diminish by about 5-7% (estimated). Also, QT sells unbranded fuel (no additives and detergents) because it is cheaper (because there are no additives or detergents to keep your fuel system clean). I would defiinitely not consider them a top-tier fuel chain.

Back