fuel saver!!!

I been using the tornado for a month now and didn't see any difference....
does anyone use other products like the fuel magnet,grounding system, or any other products to increase gas mileage....what can you recomend for me??

u always see those commercials when gas prices are high.......those fuckers

I have no respect for the race car driver that's on there endorsing the bs

my intake has helped big time at high rpms. on my previous tank i went over 300 miles and got just under 31mpg. a third of those miles were when i went for a "sunday drive". I raced around on back roads usually shifting over 5000rpm and doing speeds well into the 90's and hitting a 100mph a few times. had i not raced around I'd have gotten well into the mid 30's. while driving around town i've noticed that revving above 4000rpms doesnt do much to hinder mileage. i still get 25-26mpg.

the type of fuel you use can play a role... back in the day (when I had a car I didn't really care about too much) I did some experimenting. Citgo gas was by far the least efficient while Mobil & Shell were amongst the best. Granted, these tests were far from scientific but it makes sense.

If you really want to get crazy... fold your side mirros in. That should cut the drag down a bit and save you .000000001%

The car appears to get better gas milage during the 2nd half of a full tank. If I don't run down to below a quarter, my mileage is always bad. This could make sense because during the last half of the tank you aren't carrying around the weight of the gas.

Some other tips:
Don't use the A/C
Shift at or below 3500 rpms when accelerating
Keep the car between 2000-2500 rpms when cruising (unless you're already in 5th)
Downshift (when the engine is running high rpms and you take your foot off the gas the injectors shut off. If you just put it in neutral the car idles wasting gas)
Check tire pressure regularly
Check the air filter regularly
Change the oil every 3000 miles (possibly use synthetic)

take out the tornado, its just another restriction in the air tube, your basic modifications that help the engine breathe will give you better fuel economy, Intake, header, exhaust
An under drive pulley such as the RR racing pulley and the unorthodox pulley will help as well, less rotational mass on the engine and it makes it easier for the engine to turn the accessories such as the power steering, the alternator, and the A/C<O:p</O:p

Reduce weight in the car. Remove everything not needed. Lighter the car, less weight. I switched to synthetic recently, and went from 27 to 31 mpg on the freeway. Also, go 75, not 80+. Drive with a lighter foot, make sure airpressure is up. If windows are down, they cause drag, so keep them up. No, the big ol 3 fin ebay rear spoiler will not help, either.

So try synthetic. Mobil 1 in the engine, Royal Purple or Amsoil in the tranny, and that might help.

Good luck!

Aricjm15 said:
take out the tornado, its just another restriction in the air tube, your basic modifications that help the engine breathe will give you better fuel economy, Intake, header, exhaust
An under drive pulley such as the RR racing pulley and the unorthodox pulley will help as well, less rotational mass on the engine and it makes it easier for the engine to turn the accessories such as the power steering, the alternator, and the A/C<o ="">:p</o>:p

(mswerd)

RaiderMP5 said:
Reduce weight in the car. Remove everything not needed. Lighter the car, less weight. I switched to synthetic recently, and went from 27 to 31 mpg on the freeway. Also, go 75, not 80+. Drive with a lighter foot, make sure airpressure is up. If windows are down, they cause drag, so keep them up. No, the big ol 3 fin ebay rear spoiler will not help, either.

So try synthetic. Mobil 1 in the engine, Royal Purple or Amsoil in the tranny, and that might help.

Good luck!

Wait i was always under the impression that synthetic motor oil was not good for your car.

Not sure on that. After like 85K it is not recommended you migrate over apparently. Other than that, many people here have gone to synth. I will never use conventional again. I even noticed it a little quieter on the freeway, but that might just be in my head.

Cars use gasoline to do their jobs and serve their purpose. Our cars are pretty good on gas mileage. Get a hybrid if you care that much. However, I read that it may cost more to own a hybrid with 50mpg than a 30mpg car.

Back