Fuel Rail / Injectors

NCoppersmith

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 3.5
I suspect I have a bad/leaky injector and had a question about what to do with it. I notice some people have upgraded fuel rails / injectors, so I wanted to find out what the consensus was with the stock setup.

I love putting money into my car, so budget isn't an issue. Time and experience are however, this is my daily driver so I can't just take it apart and put it together when I feel like it. I'm also out in the middle of nowhere (literally, it's 30min to Walmart or McDonalds) so I have to have everything I need before hand.

That being said, is it a worthwhile upgrade to go with upgraded injectors/fuel rail for a daily driver that won't be boosted over 10psi? Just curious to see if there's a perceived or actual design shortcoming or flaw with the stock setup and if I should replace with something "nice" or just go Mazda OEM. On injectors, the 440cc that I see some people using, would those just plug into the OEM fuel rail, or do you have to upgrade the rail and/or fuel pump to run those as well?

Engine is built, mods are bolt on, no EMS at the moment and stock boost presently while I get things put together. (see sig for details)

get a ssafc some 440's and turn up the boost to about 12-14lbs have some fun and live a little would ya!!!!

The WRX 440 will fit fine in the stock fuel rail. But you will need some type of engine management. Either piggy back ie SS afc / AEM fic or full standalone Microtech/ Haltech or Emerald. There is a brand new LT-10 in the FS going for $800.

Who's got the LT10? I did a search but think it sold already. I'm probably going to get a Haltech E6x from Sam @ Crossover when I get to that stage. Should I get it now and just retune it as I modify things or save it for last and do it once? (the Haltech that is)

It is still available look in the FS section -universal parts or MSP <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:
The WRX 440 will fit fine in the stock fuel rail. But you will need some type of engine management. Either piggy back ie SS afc / AEM fic or full standalone Microtech/ Haltech or Emerald. There is a brand new LT-10 in the FS going for $800.

I know i will have to get it retuned but will a Unichip work with 440 cc injectors?

Did you lower the compression when you built your engine? If so how is the timing right without a piggyback?

uni-chip sucks compared to other piggy backs or stand alones.
the ss afc is better since u can tune it ur self and a dyno shop can tune it to.
you cant do that with unichip

Back