FSZE pistons and potter rods

Aren't pauter rods floating wrist pins vs pressed pins for the fsze pistons??

s*** idk. lol. i was gunna see if i can use them on the fsze pistons but if not i gunna keep the rods on the side for now and put them in the a different piston head later on

i actually didnt, but yea....cant use them with stock pistons so i highly doubt you can use them with the fsze pistons

Props for having money to burn on parts and then check for compatibility issues. I have to plan, do research & then buy parts.....yeah, I'm poor like that.

Just checked. They wont work together. The harry potter rods wont work. Why are you building the motor for?

just want to see what i can get out of this car all motor. i want to convert everything to fsze if its possible. i wanna come try scca but my 17x8s get 2 flat tires, long story. so i kinda scared to try it out with stock rims.

just go with the stock rims. The car isnt fast. Just get used to how SCCA works before you get some beef in the car. Itll be better to learn that way then look like a jack ass with a fast car that cant drive. You know?

Focus had an entire FS-ZE engine with ECU wired and ready to run with the stock ECU. That would be the way to go if you wanted an ZE engine. You would just have to figure out how to get it from Canada.

just go with the stock rims. The car isnt fast. Just get used to how SCCA works before you get some beef in the car. Itll be better to learn that way then look like a jack ass with a fast car that cant drive. You know?

ahh why gotta make it sound like my car is slow, she not that bad. way better than before i put the cams and s***. lol oh and by the way i cancelled my order for the pistons and rods. nah but yeah i know what you mean, i was just worried that my tires would be screeching everywhere and what not. lol. what are the rules as far as using your car in the SCCA? my friend said you cant have subs or anything inside while doing it or loose items in ur car?

For rules go to the SCCA website.

"1) All loose items, inside and outside the car, must be removed. Hand
held items, such as but not limited to, cameras and cell phones are

considered loose items."

Download here: http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo_Rules/2010_scca_solo_rules.pdf

Research on what parts you need before you go off buying. Saves the heartache and money that way. Plan Plan Plan is all I can tell you. Save up for broken parts and parts that wear.

One thing for sure, I didn't buy my MSP because of power, I bought it for the handling it provides straight out of the box and the looks. Thats one thing I loved about my first 01 LX 2.0. Handled great with a couple upgrades.

Have fun.

Last edited:
yeah usually i plan before buying stuff but idk, this time i didnt really think about it much, didnt do my research. i bought the car at the time cus it was a fair price. then decided to see what i could do to it. awhile back i rear ended some idiot cus he slam brakes and dont know how to drive. so ever since then ive been in a bind trying to get new parts cus i couldnt report it to my insurance. thats why im worried about scca cus my front bumper kinda loose and sags little bit

yeah usually i plan before buying stuff but idk, this time i didnt really think about it much, didnt do my research. i bought the car at the time cus it was a fair price. then decided to see what i could do to it. awhile back i rear ended some idiot cus he slam brakes and dont know how to drive. so ever since then ive been in a bind trying to get new parts cus i couldnt report it to my insurance. thats why im worried about scca cus my front bumper kinda loose and sags little bit

LOL you rear ended someone because THEY can't drive. Irony, I love it!

Back