FS-ZE in the Works

James Bond is accually my cousin! :D Not really. Yeah, I did get the e-mail. Thanx. About the watch, It is a Casio WQV-3. I have the meatal finished one. It takes picutres (80-100), and you can download via IR. It was $229 at the mall. It has other neat features like being able to trade pictures with a PDA, another WQV-3, and it has a calender, plus 4+ alarms you can set! Go to the casio website for more info.

i don't wanna get off the fsze engine discussion but to answer a question superchips offer chips for almost any car.. It is only worth it if you're car is very heavily modified. Different camshafts, bored, throttle body, injectors etc.. good for turbo and n20 applications also. You can get a flip chip for $550 which you can simply toggle back and forth for N20 use, since you must have your timing retarded for high shots. Then when running without N20 switch back to a high timing for more hp.. good for air/fuel setup also. Again though only worthwhile with very heavily modified cars.. u send the chip they reprogram and send back in like 2 days.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Well, I found out today that the ACT clutch that was supposedly shipped with my engine somehow dissappeared! I called Corksport, and the guy tells me that when the engine was shipped, the crate had no lid! WTF? Looks like someone walked off with my s*** while in transit. They are gonna 2nd day me another one, and find out what happened to the 1st one. I should have it by Friday. In the meantime, I still have no car, and will be delayed another week.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Be careful guys........I saw someone wrote that the mp3 stock can handle a 12psi turbo.....I think that is wrong......I spoke to a guy who knows a lot about mazda engines and the mp3......This person told me that the most the mp3 can handle stock was 9psi........Wouldn't want anyone to blow their engine......
late

I called superchips today, and they do not or will not make any chips for our car. As far as making a custom program chip like for turbo or a flip chip for nitrous they said no tho that too :mad: :mad: :mad:

Superchips has not been known for making smart marketing decisions for newer cars. That sucks!! :mad:

I contacted Superchips awhile back and at the time they said they would get around to the Pros this summer. They also indicated that there wouldn't be a chip to replace, it would be a reprogram of the ECU. It seems that the prom is not in a socket. But since it is an EEprom so it can be reprogrammed while still in the box. Since I live near by Superchips, I offered the use of my car for trial setup. But, now I'm going to work on reverse engineering the box and do it myself. No sense in doing it right away though. I'm waiting on a header, and looking for a spare set of cams and such first. I'll do everything at once when it all comes together.

My point is that the box can be reprogrammed. Call around the import shops, I'll bet you'll find someone with the right scan tool. A lot of the new OBD2 systems can be reprogammed by a tech. My goal is to figure out how. I think there's a market for that skill.

Now Corksport says that they will ship my Clutch out tomorrow. This means that I won't have my car till Tuesday!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: LinuxNinja ]

Originally posted by kep0:
<STRONG>being that its a jdm motor, of course you're gonna have emissions problems. easily solved with some cash though...if you know what i mean.</STRONG>
whats JDM?

yes
jdm = japanese domestic market
usdm = US domestic market
j-spec = japanese specifications

blahblahblahlahsdlkfasdljfsdlajf

Called yesterday, and they (Corksport) still havn't shipped my Clutch yet! They are waiting on the pressure plate for the kit to arrive. They initially said that they would 2-day it to me, but I demanded that it be next-day aired to me. The delays..... :mad:

Originally posted by wildman:
<STRONG>
Originally posted by kep0:
[qb]being that its a jdm motor, of course you're gonna have emissions problems. easily solved with some cash though...if you know what i mean.</STRONG>
whats JDM?[/QB]

JDM=FAST MOFO! :)

The Flywheel is shweet! It is a quality piece that is damn light! I am taking it to the shop today so that they can install it when my clutch arrives tomorrow. I can't wait till tomorrow! :D

Well people, more phuckin delays! The shop is having delays in getting the one part I need to get this thing to happen. :mad:

HEY LINUX WHICH FLYWHEEL DID YOU USE. I WENT TO FIDANZA'S WEBSITE AND THEY DON'T HAVE ONE FOR OUR CAR.
(2001 MP3)

JMS'sMP3 said:
HEY LINUX WHICH FLYWHEEL DID YOU USE. I WENT TO FIDANZA'S WEBSITE AND THEY DON'T HAVE ONE FOR OUR CAR.
(2001 MP3)

Get the one for the 2.0 Probe/MX-6 4 cylinder.

Back