FS: TWM Desert Eagle Shift knob - sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MM BOOST

:
07 MS3 GT CB
I have for sale my TWM Desert Eagle weighted brushed aluminum shift knob. I ordered this with my TWM short shifter and shifter bushings. I love this shift knob, but the problem is...I'm a big guy and I have large hands, so the shift knob is very small in my hand. I love the added weight of it, but it just doesn't fit comfortably in my hand. I am wanting to sell this one so I can order the auto exe black cf one. I am home for christmas and my stock shift knob is at school, so I can't just take this one off and sell it without having another one lined. If anyone is interested, let me know. I bought this back in october, so its still close to new. Not a single scuff or scratch on it. PM me if interested. I accept paypal only!! Happy Holidays everyone!

$80 SHIPPED OBO OR TRADE

n1029420445_30238071_7514.jpg

n1029420445_30149789_9983.jpg

n1029420445_30238075_8841.jpg

n1029420445_30238073_2323.jpg

n1029420445_30238069_9693.jpg

n1029420445_30238095_7719.jpg

Last edited:
this should be in the MS3 marketplace or in the FS forum.

you do need to have proper forum pictures to sell or gauge interest on these forums.

ill have the ms3 mod move this to the proper forum. It will also be closed until you have the proper forum pictures. Check the link in my sig for the forum rules.

alright thats fine, i can get those pics soon, i just was wondering if it was worth my while to make a thread to post it for sale. I will get those pics asap. Thanks for moving it.

Its night time so pictures wouldn't do any justice, so tomorrow I will go get some fresh pics. Here is a pic of the actual knob itself until I can get some legit ones with a piece of paper.

desert-eagle-shiftknob.jpg

UPDATE! mods I made this official, got my identification and took more pics, this is officially for sale. Please edit my thread title and put FS: TWM Desert Eagle Weighted Shift Knob.

Thanks guys!! PM me if interested or reply here.

thanks for the worthless post.

BTW, this is $90 shipped OBO!! Let me know guys!

Its not worthless, its annoying when its freezing out and you have to grab ahold of one of these. Its good info for anyone who is looking to buy a overpriced bad shiftknob

Ok, see now that is worthless. Coming into my thread calling what I am selling overpriced and bad. This shift knob is NOT bad, it's just too small for my tastes. It's heavy, which is why its more expensive and the finish on it its flawless. Its high quality, I just don't like the way it feels in my big hands. Just don't waste your time anymore and post elsewhere. Thanks.

Would you be willing to put up any pictures of the OEM shift knob next to the DE knob? I have the TWM SS and bushings, and have been debating on getting a weighted shift knob for the longest.

What's your experience in the differences in shifting compared to stock? Are throws easier? Does it take less effort to get it into reverse?

yes with this job, it made driving ALOT BETTER. With the added weight, it makes it go into gear alot easier. Atleast in my opinion. I am only gettin rid of it because of the size of my hands, no other reason. Sadly, I do not have pics of my stock knob because Its sitting at school about 3-1/2 hours away. But yes man, it made driving smoother. Its i'd say 2xtimes heavier than stock. Its a solid piece as well.

I just have a hard time spending so much money on a shift knob but it sounds pretty promising. I've also spoken with Frank quite a few times and he's pretty unwilling to budge on a discount other than 10%.

Frank has made mention of designing a MS3 specific shift knob engraving at the top of the knob. I only considered that because I'd hate to see some asshole at the dealer put my car into the wrong gear or not know how to put it into reverse.

I understand man. I was hesitant at first too when i bought it, but i bought this knob, the ss and bushings all at once, so I got a discount. I understand spending a lot on a shift knob, but I mean im sellin mine over $20 less than a new one and its in new condition. Most the MS3 specific knobs are about the same or around the price of this one, so its on par. I know what you mean about the reverse thing too. But thats easily remedied, just buy a small 6 speed sticker and place it on the console infront of the shifter. No worries. I've put about 700 miles on the car since I bought this knob so its still in great shape man. This shifter really did make a difference, I like it more than my stock, hence why I am not going back to the stock, just tryin to find another aftermarket one that looks and feels good. Ill be takin the hit goin with the auto exe because its not as heavy as this one, but it looks good and looks like it will fit better in my hand.

Well i'll definitely let you know if i'm able to pick it up off your hands. I've still gotta pay down some christmas gifts and my insurance is due soon here (6 mo. intervals). I'll be watchin the thread as it progresses.

Well that's tough because I'd like to atleast have the option of selling it if I don't like it. I'm hoping possibly mid January.

Oh, and if anyone needs any other pictures of the knob by itself or removed or any other angle, that can be arranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back