FS: Eibach Pro Spring Kit 5540.140

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokstac

:
02 Protege P5
I recently replaced my struts on my Pro and the replacements came with Eibach springs. So never having had a lowered car before I decided to install the struts with the springs to see what it would be like in terms of performance, cornering, and appearance.

I love the look and feel of the suspension when driving (just slightly stiffer than the stock ES coils) but I discovered that by lowering the car just that 1-2" it started irritating my left knee as I was getting in/out of the car (old soccer injury). Through much work (I really hate spring compressors since I don't have an air impact gun) I replaced the Eibach springs with my original stock ES coils. Car sits higher but the irritation of my injury is gone.

Too bad for me but good for someone here I'm sure.

Part number on the front is 5540.001 and the rears are 5541.002. This is the same as the 5540.140 kit which sells for around $220. Springs are in great condition; the rear springs have a bit of surface rust between the tighter coils and with a bit of wet/dry sandpapering should clean up.

I'm looking to get $150 with shipping included so I don't have to worry about shipping quotes. Shipping only to CONUS; no Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, PR, etc. Depending on your location from Oregon it may be through FedEx or USPS. Paypal only; not really interested in trades unless it's something good.

Here is how your Pro should look with them installed along with a before/after shot of the front and rear. If you just install the front springs it will give your car a nice rake. I was almost tempted to leave the rear stock and the front lowered but even then it was still a bit low for my knee.

carco.jpg

frontklo.jpg

rearb.jpg

springs01.jpg

I usually check my email once or twice per day so I will respond in the order PMs are received. Shipping will be about 1-2 days following payment; I have several doctor's appointments in the upcoming week so if there's a delay I will let you know.

Edit: the before/after shots are obviously backwards; left side is lowered, right side is stock.

I live near Tigard. If you wanted to come get them I would deduct about $25 for shipping. I forgot to mention that I'd do local pickup.

$125 including shipping, or make an offer. I need to move by the end of the month and don't want to carry these with me.

I'm just waiting for a call and a place to meet. Haven't heard back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back