Front Tint Banner: Yes or No?

azuelke

:
2003 Protege5 | Black>Yellow
I should be getting my windows tinted next weekend and can't decide whether or not to do a tint banner on the front, if I have enough tint leftover.

My P5 is Black Mica and the tint is 20%.

Should I have it done or not? (yupnope)

EDIT:

Went ahead and did it.

DSCN1553.JPG

Last edited:
In FL, it's really nice to have. For me, it's a matter of function over looks :)

Florida= tint banner lol

I have 5% tint that i installed a year ago, and a 20% banner tint that came with the car. I'm gonna switch it to 5% soon.

LOVE IT

I too would want it for the function, to block sun, not to look like every other rice rocket in town. If its not apparent, I am from Wisconsin. Also, I don't care what the laws are... the limit here is nothing past the "A" line, and my old car had a banner about 2" past that.

Yes. (shoulda made a poll, brotha.)

I love my window tint banner. Mine matches the rear windows at 15%. It took a little bit to get used to but it really does block a lot of sun from your eyes and let's be honest, it does look cool too.

you can skip the banner and just do a 50% front window tint lol totallly illegal :)

Yeah, not quite. A buddy of mine actually got a prescription from the doc saying he could... something to do with the sun causing him to fall asleep (uhm)

Yes. (shoulda made a poll, brotha.)

I would have but couldn't figure out how (didn't spend too much time looking thought)

I'm from WI and I don't have one, my 6 has that dark area from the factory, figured putting a banner over that would look dumb.

I'm from WI and I don't have one, my 6 has that dark area from the factory, figured putting a banner over that would look dumb.

Yes, most cars do come with a little area that is either factory tinted or the dot matrix paint crap. But with driving 70 miles a day for work, that area becomes useless when sunny since its only about 3" from the top of the window, where as a banner would go lower.

EDIT:
Lower like my old car:
3377050022_large.jpg

How I got away with that thing for so long is beyond me. Also, I got the vinyl for free, so don't knock it... they didn't have a purple to match the car.

Last edited:
Just tint the front window strip...not a fan of window tint on the sides/back...had it, didn't like it...now just the front is done...

^^^ You didn't like your windows tinted, Scratch? Why not? I'm not trying to be a d-bag, just curious. I got mine tinted 35% in the front and 15% in the back and LOVE them. Wish I would've done it sooner.

Either way, do it...plain or banner, tint the windshield. TX has to be 5" or less on the sides. I'm at 5 1/2, get hassled every year on inspections but they still sticker it.
slvrsrfwgn.JPG

Last edited:
Either way, do it...plain or banner, tint the windshield. TX has to be 5" or less on the sides. I'm at 5 1/2, get hassled every year on inspections but they still sticker it.
slvrsrfwgn.JPG

Nice rims! What kind are they?

Latest posts

Back