Front Right Suspension Crunching

olddaddy said:
Are everyones vehicle that are being repaired within the production time frame of the tsb?

I was told that my 5 supposedly came from the factory with the correct parts, but obviously still had the same problem. The sound is definitely a temperature related issue as above 30 Fahrenheit there is no problem. It didn't require a test drive at the dealer as I took it in on a cold day and merely pushing on the front bumper caused the creaking noise. It was fixed under warranty, but hasn't gotten cold enough to test it fully.

Just got back my mazda5, the dealer did everything i told them to do so we see how it holds up. The mazdaspeed3 that the dealer loan me to drive was a mistake on there part. I put 124 miles on it and it was great!!!!!.

Mazda5wannabe said:
I was told that my 5 supposedly came from the factory with the correct parts, but obviously still had the same problem. The sound is definitely a temperature related issue as above 30 Fahrenheit there is no problem. It didn't require a test drive at the dealer as I took it in on a cold day and merely pushing on the front bumper caused the creaking noise. It was fixed under warranty, but hasn't gotten cold enough to test it fully.

My 5 came with the replacement bushings installed as well. I had the crunching sounds for the 3+ months since I bought it. Last week my dealership tried a "fix" that Mazda recommended and the sounds are completely gone. the temps have varied from +6 to -12 celcius so I know it's good. I also had a leaking rear left strut but that was replaced too.

My 5 is awesome! Wouldn't trade it in for another. Every car will have their issues...it's mechanical and electrical afterall.

i finally just dropped mine off this morning. I printed out the service bulletin just in case. Funny thing is that the service guy was trying to sell me everything. "Oh looks like you're gettting close to needing an oil change" ($28), "and those wiper blades look like theyre starting to crack" ($20), "and the Flux capacitor isnt fluxing"..( 2 million)
Im also having my rotors turned ($99) I know that's easy but i dont have tools :(

zoomzoom mazda5 said:
Hey joeboy, what the fix the dealer do? would like to know what was it. thanks
bump, I'd be curious to know this too.

As for my situation, dealer called back and said my bushings and lower control arms have arrived so Ill be peachy for the next few months probably (well actually, probably until next fall when the temp drops again). After that I was probably gonna try to start just giving the bushings a shot of lithium spray lubricant myself when they acted up Ive found that this solution usually does the trick for a while on the several other Makes/Models of cars that also experience bushing squeaks.

I brought mine in to Adzam Mazda (get it? Mazda backwards)in Bedford Hills NY. 2 days in the shop, I get it back, the crunch is still there, front and back. I put the car on a lift to take a look and it's Obvious that none of the suspension bushings have been touched. Still had a year and a half worth of untouched grim everywhere. Then they had the nerve to send a postcard asking me to rate my service experience. I raised holy hell with them and with Mazda HQ. I think this is a New York thing, I had Exactly the same experience at the local Toyota dealership. This is why I like to work on my own car as much as possible....

NYMZ5 said:
I brought mine in to Adzam Mazda (get it? Mazda backwards)in Bedford Hills NY.

That's hilarious. I grew up in that general area and have certainly seen the Adzam dealer name on a variety of vehicles--I know Adzam sells other vehicles besides Mazdas--but that backwards thing never occurred to me.

fam said:
I think your issue is a different one as well. Im temped to take a video with sound and post it, its really bad. I too am saving up a list for the dealer:

1) On take off it sometimes hesitates (probably will need computer updated)
2)Crunching sound on bumps
3)One set of keys doesnt work half the time, doesnt light up, i think it has an internal short in it

Our crunching sound on bumps was front anti-roll bar bushings (MZ5 2006 15k miles). It did it in cold & wet weather (Seattle winter rain, 30s-40s deg F) and was really loud. Fixed by Everett (WA) Mazda several months ago, complete success so far.

We have 2000 rpm hesitation once in a while, gives a big lurch. See the other thread about this.

We had one key fob fail electronically. Go get a new one under warrantee.

Finally!!! I took my 5 into the shop a little over a month ago for the crunch. They said "wel'll have to order parts". But i left it with them to fix my rotor problem. I then got a call saying we have the parts and we're going to repair it today. Hours later i pick it up and they showed me the invoice and they were nice enough to fix a few other minor recalls too. Success. When i pulled into my driveway i heard a loud **crunch** again... then 2 days later i get a postcard in the mail from the dealership saying that the parts just arrived and that i need to go back for the fix. Well here i am over a month later and it's now just getting fixed. Im so excited!

Hey.. new guy here. Hope you guys are still talking about the suspension noise.

I got my 5 (touring) in May 2006. I have 52K miles on it.

I don't often have a loud rear crunch... but I do have a bad case of front suspension noise that I would call a "rattle" or "knocking" sound. It's not a squeak really.

It does vary from day to day a little... but it does it even in warm temps. Not just when it's cold or rainy.

My car will make this noise even at very low speeds and over slight bumps... in fact it's very noticeable whenever the car goes through a dip that makes the car rock side to side (like a boat). Sometimes a single "bump" will make it knock 3-4 times as the car is jolted around.

I'm curious to see if this sounds like what you guys have or if it's different.

I'm taking mine in tomorrow to get new bushings (at the very least) and they are going to do it for me under warranty since I had it in 20k miles ago (about 6 months) but they never called me back when the parts came in.

Could be... sounds to me like something that has slop in it, not just a squeaky bushing. Can't wait to see what the dealer comes up with tomorrow.

My concern is that I don't have much leverage if they balk at doing anything beyond the bushings they ordered, since I'm well out of warranty now.

The problem definitely got worse since I had it in before (26k)... it was more a cold weather thing then. And summer was coming and it wasn't so bad with the warmer weather.

But somewhere along the way... things got worse, even with warm temps.

BTW, if I had faith that there was a permanent fix, I would have made sure to have it done last winter.

Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!! I got the crunch this morning when I backed out of the driveway...There is some road work being done on my block, and the 5 let out some serious knocking when I went over the uneven pavement...This is the first issue I've had with my car since I purchased it in April 06...I could actually feel the knocking below my left foot...

I'm due for another oil change so I'll have it checked out when I take it in on Friday...The sound went away as soon as I reached the freeway about five blocks away from my house and hasn't returned yet...

hi. It's winter time again. I hope to hear from those who had their 'winter squeak/crunch sounds' TSB applied by the dealer. Is the squeaking sound really gone this winter? I have the mz5 2006. Just did not have time to visit the dealer yet.

My red one still squeaks on all speed bumps and uneven roads. The black one I have does it slightly but not as bad. I kinda got tired of going to the dealer so I will let you guys take over, find a fix, and then I will fix it.

It's baaaaack

I had the TSB fix done to my '06. Now that the truly cold weather is back, so is the crunching noise. I've only heard it once or twice but my wife, who drives it more than I do, says she has heard it several times.

So, for me, the TSB service didn't work(cryhard). It's such a pain to get the car in for service with my work schedule, I might not even take it back until I hear of a REAL fix for this problem.

Thats where I am at as well. It sounds cosmetic with no real fix. However, if they "lube" it all up you can get a few weeks of quiet driving but its not worth the hassle.

Back