FREE MPI help!

You can still get one from Nick at MPI or there is a local guy selling his if intersted. ebmp5 is his name, I believe he still has it.

I don't mean to thread jack but how easy is it to remove the MPI unit? I didn't install it so I don't know how it was connected. I am having a major problem with my car and I don't know if it's causing the problem. If you any of you guys have a moment, please look at my post here and maybe you guys can provide me with some help or suggestions. I would really appreciate it. In short, my car does not want to go higher than 2500rpm if I am lucky. In park or neutral, in barely makes 2000rpm. Same goes for when it's in gear. It feels like I am going up a steep hill the whole time.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123677216

Last edited:
u have to remove the wires, and then reattach the wires that are cut. i did it in the rain once in under 30 mins but ive installed like 6 of them.

Yea ok I cant get this damn thing to have comms with my laptop and it used to work all the time....I have no idea why it wont work...Ive tried it on com4 and com2 and nothing is working i dont know why. Someone help me out...

I will be re-exploring the wonderful world of MPI now. I say re-exploring because I've had the MPI on my car for a long time, but never really got it to function well on the N/A setup. Now I'm turboed and needing to get around a few of the MSP ECU's shortcomings.

I have the MPI with the N/A module, but I have a friend who will be giving me his turbo module so I shouldn't need anything else. At this point in time I'm running a GT25R, ATP WG actuator, thunder header, SLS J/Mid-pipe, custom FMIC, MSP injectors, and a little intake mani and head porting. The car will only see 8psi max on this motor as I'm not going to push my luck with the stock internals. Since I'm staying at a relatively low boost, from what I've been reading, the MSP injectors should be sufficient. The only problems I have with my current setup is that I can feel the car getting slower when it goes into open loop. It is honestly feels faster at 5lbs than it is at 8lbs due to the ECU pulling timing, dumping fuel, and whatever else it does. I find myself driving the car at partial throttle more to keep the car in the sweet spot. I'm hoping that the MPI can finally be used properly on my car.

There are many different ways the MSP's were tuned. I have little experience with them but you should definatly be able to tune the fuel/timing to get the power you are looking for. What kind of TM wll you be using, one that tunes via MAF or O2? If you are any good at soldering, you could shoot Nick and email and ask him how to convert your existing module into a TM that way you get the latest and greatest.

There are many different ways the MSP's were tuned. I have little experience with them but you should definatly be able to tune the fuel/timing to get the power you are looking for. What kind of TM wll you be using, one that tunes via MAF or O2? If you are any good at soldering, you could shoot Nick and email and ask him how to convert your existing module into a TM that way you get the latest and greatest.

I'll have to check with my friend to see which TM he has. He has kept up with the inner workings of the MPI thoroughly so he knows a good deal more about setting it up than I do.

whats the difference between the one that tunes via maf to the one that tunes via o2?

and my contribution to this FREE mpi help. if you've lost your patience trying to get the mpi to run right contact kooldino.

Stay out of the thread if you don't need help. There are many people who have his stuff and it works fine. Didn't you get a motor and put it in without putting oil in it because you throught it already had oil in it? Or was that someone else?

i need help.. called nick, he said get you mpi tuning software from the forums.. so far no one is helping.. i need the software.. i have a used one with no software.. will some one make it for download, email it,show me where to get it, or even sell it to me.. so far its just a $300 set of wires and a box on my table.. thanks for any help

Put the key.SPD file in the MPI_TUNER directory so when you launch the SW, it will prompt you for that key so you can use it.

Back