FREE MPI help!

So it ran fine before you did the xtra injectors and when you hook them up it runs like ass? IF there are no values in the F2 map then there is NO WAY you are adding fuel via those xtra injectors if hooked up right.

You have the positive of the xtra injectors to the battery and the negative to the gray MPI wire right? On mine, I just ran the positve directly to teh positive terminal of the battery.

Bigg Tim said:
So it ran fine before you did the xtra injectors and when you hook them up it runs like ass? IF there are no values in the F2 map then there is NO WAY you are adding fuel via those xtra injectors if hooked up right.

You have the positive of the xtra injectors to the battery and the negative to the gray MPI wire right? On mine, I just ran the positve directly to teh positive terminal of the battery.

Yes, i do have the positive to the battery and the negative to the gray MPI wire.

mspHtown said:
Yes, i do have the positive to the battery and the negative to the gray MPI wire.

you will have to test them out of the intake...some will stuck open

Take them out, still connected to the fuel, and activate them thru the map and see if they open, then shut them off same way and see if they shut off.

igdrasil said:
you will have to test them out of the intake...some will stuck open

Take them out, still connected to the fuel, and activate them thru the map and see if they open, then shut them off same way and see if they shut off.

i know they are firing properly. i dumped a ton of fuel while idling to see if they actually worked. and they did.

mspHtown said:
i know they are firing properly. i dumped a ton of fuel while idling to see if they actually worked. and they did.

then you may have a bad 02 sensor. wired incorrecly or open circuits

igdrasil said:
then you may have a bad 02 sensor. wired incorrecly or open circuits

how could the o2 sensor be bad? The car works fine with the fuse out. No cel's, no bucking, no fuel cut. With the fuse in, bucking and fuel cut. If it was wired incorrectly, the injectors would not fire. But i tested them and they did fire corrrectly.

then u are pushing too much fuel.

Try this...eveytime you do a change in the map, close the software and open it again...see if the changes got saved.

igdrasil said:
then u are pushing too much fuel.

Try this...eveytime you do a change in the map, close the software and open it again...see if the changes got saved.

i dont understand how i could be pushing too much fuel. the extra injectors were "activated" but there was nothing in the F2 map. I wasnt adding anymore fuel with the extra injectors. I just tested them to make sure they would fire. I then put all the values back to zero.

I also did close the software and open it back up to make sure the changes were saved. Once i had to reopen the software because of a lovely bug.

Moeed said:
So what number do you have in your map?

I dont know how this is confusing.

Ran the car. no fuel cut. no bucking. extra injectors are not activated(fuse is out).

Pulled over. put the fuse in (extra injectors activated). added fuel with teh extra injectors at idle to make sure they were working. The a/f ratio richened up thus confirming they were working. I went back to the F2 map and cleared out all of the values (so now there were 0's in every cell). The fuse was still in (injectors activated) but they were not firing any fuel at all. I dowloaded to the tuner to make sure the tuner changed as well as the software. I also closed the software and reopened it to make sure everything had been saved.

Start driving the car and it hits fuel cut, bucks, and drives like complete s***.

Pulled back over, took the fuse out (extra injectors are not activated anymore) and the car ran normal again.

srry to sound irritated but you would be the same in my shoes.

mspHtown said:
I dont know how this is confusing.

Ran the car. no fuel cut. no bucking. extra injectors are not activated(fuse is out).

Pulled over. put the fuse in (extra injectors activated). added fuel with teh extra injectors at idle to make sure they were working. The a/f ratio richened up thus confirming they were working. I went back to the F2 map and cleared out all of the values (so now there were 0's in every cell). The fuse was still in (injectors activated) but they were not firing any fuel at all. I dowloaded to the tuner to make sure the tuner changed as well as the software. I also closed the software and reopened it to make sure everything had been saved.

Start driving the car and it hits fuel cut, bucks, and drives like complete s***.

Pulled back over, took the fuse out (extra injectors are not activated anymore) and the car ran normal again.

srry to sound irritated but you would be the same in my shoes.

We may be missing something....

Do you have a screenshot of your mpi? Are you sure F2 is your extra injectors?????

igdrasil said:
We may be missing something....

Do you have a screenshot of your mpi? Are you sure F2 is your extra injectors?????

not to be a prick but i have had the mpi for over a year. i have provided as much details as possible about the problem. obviously i know which map is my auxiliary injector map. has anyone ever had this problem or heard anything about it.

mspHtown said:
not to be a prick but i have had the mpi for over a year. i have provided as much details as possible about the problem. obviously i know which map is my auxiliary injector map. has anyone ever had this problem or heard anything about it.

pictures and logs says more than a thousand words

display6.gif

Problem fixed.

Initially, i tapped a 12v power source at the coils as instructed by the installation manual. I called Nick at mpi and he suggested tapping directly into the battery. He claimed that the injectors were picking up extra "noise" at the coils. No more fuel cut or bucking.

glad to hear you got things working right!...i think tim suggested the positive right to the battery! he know's his stuff for shua!(cool)

Blthlt and I too ka look at my setup briefly yesterday. We are going to recheck my wiring and see how mine is hooked up. This O2/MAF wiring difference for NA is news to me. I'm hoping we can sort it out as I've had the MPI for almost 2 years now and I haven't been able to get anything out of it.

xelderx said:
Blthlt and I too ka look at my setup briefly yesterday. We are going to recheck my wiring and see how mine is hooked up. This O2/MAF wiring difference for NA is news to me. I'm hoping we can sort it out as I've had the MPI for almost 2 years now and I haven't been able to get anything out of it.

yeah man the wiring has some important differences. Glad you found them.

Ok i was wondering where i can get the cable to hook up the mpi to a laptop and about how much it will run me

Deathspeed said:
Ok i was wondering where i can get the cable to hook up the mpi to a laptop and about how much it will run me

I MIGHT have an extra one. Let me look tomorrow and if I do have one just pay for shipping and she's yours. But Nick at modern performance can set you up. Give him a call, his number is on his site.

Back