Forge BPV VER1

anm6

:
09 Speed 3
Hey guys,

I have been looking around for possiable reasons why my BPV sounds like a WHHOOOSSSHH now instead of the clashing swords after my FMIC install. I few guys said try the clean out the BPV and reoild the rings, So I did that this weelend plus I did the pencil ,pen test and and the valve did not hold position almost close all the way everytime.. I pushed on the BPV nipple hard dented my finger.. Should I try a hose and screw to test it or should it have held. Do I need a rebuild kit from forge, should I try the blue spring.. (uhm)

Mine sounds the same after the FMIC. So I guess I will keep an eye on this thread to see if you fix it/find that its a non issue.

Well, to put it this way, my Forge has greased me up recently as well. I slapped my stock BPV back on after chasing performance problems for months. Always showed proper boost levels, gauge, so, I didn't suspect the BPV. For s**** and giggles, when I put my FMIC kit on, I slapped the stock BPV back on. Suddenly, performance improves markedly. Hmmmmm....

Got rid of my Forge BPV a while ago and haven't looked back. If I knew better, I would have spent my $160 elsewhere. Stock BPV for boost under 20psi for FTW. People arbitrarily replace stuff with aftermarket just to replace stuff thinking it's better. I have still not found proof that our stock BPV's leak at any given boost pressure. Maybe they're hit or miss, but mine seems to hold 18-19psi just fine and I really don't miss the "pppffttt-ching" sound.

Got rid of my Forge BPV a while ago and haven't looked back. If I knew better, I would have spent my $160 elsewhere. Stock BPV for boost under 20psi for FTW. People arbitrarily replace stuff with aftermarket just to replace stuff thinking it's better. I have still not found proof that our stock BPV's leak at any given boost pressure. Maybe they're hit or miss, but mine seems to hold 18-19psi just fine and I really don't miss the "pppffttt-ching" sound.

LOL only reason I got it,, I like the CHING sound, I had read also that the stock BPV was good under 20 PSI( I see 21 PSI spike) but just wanted the sound plus for $80 couldnt go wrong.. Bought it used..

I also think the stock bpv is better, it reacts alittle slower but overall holds boost better IMO.

Back