Forge BOV installed-Pics

Bakrauf

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sport- True Red
I bought this thing a few weeks ago but had the time to install it. I got the green spring in yesterday and put that in instead of the yellow one. It took about 15 minutes to put in. I unhooked the battery while I worked so the ECU could reset. I love how the pretty blue hoses match.

Took it for a spin and tried it out.. I got zero stalling..The BOV makes a nice PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS when it goes off..I havent totally killed the Turkey but it only gobbles once or twice then the bov goes off---->Gobble gobble,pssssssssssssss. Its fairly loud as well. I like it a lot better than stock. I think a lot of those that were having problems had to do with the springs.

Those that have this set up do you think the BOV will be ok just sitting on the CAI? Or should I use some zip ties to tie it down? IT seems pretty solid right now but not sure if it will move around any.

0000128small0wh.jpg

0000126small4gv.jpg

0000127small0rp.jpg

Bakrauf said:
I bought this thing a few weeks ago but had the time to install it. I got the green spring in yesterday and put that in instead of the yellow one. It took about 15 minutes to put in. I unhooked the battery while I worked so the ECU could reset. I love how the pretty blue hoses match.

Took it for a spin and tried it out.. I got zero stalling..The BOV makes a nice PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS when it goes off..I havent totally killed the Turkey but it only gobbles once or twice then the bov goes off---->Gobble gobble,pssssssssssssss. Its fairly loud as well. I like it a lot better than stock. I think a lot of those that were having problems had to do with the springs.

Those that have this set up do you think the BOV will be ok just sitting on the CAI? Or should I use some zip ties to tie it down? IT seems pretty solid right now but not sure if it will move around any.

0000128small0wh.jpg

0000126small4gv.jpg

0000127small0rp.jpg
Nice job.
I keep you in my car's to look for modding.
Nice job and I am glad no stalling.
The turkey might be killed if you put stock intake back on or convert CAI to short RAM.

Nice job anyway.

No one answered his question. It looks fine from what I can see it may be a little limp, It wouldn't hurt to get some zip tie to hold it up some. You can always take it off if it isn't helping.

Looks good

make sure the vac line going to the bov is as short as possible and has a REALLY good vac source and you may get rid of the turk all together.

Its not limp its actually pretty straight and hard. Its laying against the CAI. I was worried about it flopping side to side more than up and down. I put a zip tie around the CAI and hte BOV but it looks dumb, but should hold it in place.

I went out and cut the vac lines as short as possible and I still get a cluck or 2 before the BOV opens up. I have eliminated prob 90% of the turkey, but it still throw a gobble or two in there every now and then

Last edited:
awesome man, the setup looks real clean.

I just installed a forge diverter valve but, unfortunatly i still have turkey, as expected though. Your cars coming along nicely

I just installed mine too.
However, the springs in the springs kit that came with it have all discolored and I couldn't tell which is yellow and which is green, or wrose that they are both yellow.

So all I got is turkey which is even heavier than when using the stock BPV.

Does anyone have a green spring that they would want to sell me?

is the turkey bearable? every clip i heard w/ the Forge it sounded like it does when running stock BPV with the Injen CAI...Gobble, Gobble, Gobble....I ran turkeying it down the streets for the longest time lol

i swear mine only goes, cluck lcuck psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst

here are some pictures from my engine bay these are kind of old. but I still have the forge just not stock intake or stock IC pipes....

You sure its not the wrong spring or perhaps take it apart and clen it and lube it up some..?

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 247
Notorious_V.I.C said:
... or perhaps take it apart and clen it and lube it up some..?
What do you use? I am getting a gobble, gobble, ppsssssshhhhht. Just some white grease?

Dugg E Fresh said:
What do you use? I am getting a gobble, gobble, ppsssssshhhhht. Just some white grease?

Yea just some white grease is what I had. Take it apart, clean it real good and then lube that sucker up. Sometimes dirt can get caught up and it could stick open which could be bad..

I am using the stock spring I think its the yellow one, could be the green one. If you have good supporting mods you can turn up your boost the sound should change.

a so if you have the turbo pipes wih the greddy rs what happens if you add a forged one too can u have both? And does the forged one sound better than the rs i know its probably louder hugh cuz its for lower boost cars!

The Forge BOV vents to atmosphere, the greddy RS i believe does the same thing, I don't think that would be good. Unless you want to run the Forge BPV and the greddy rs as a dual set-up.

I have the forge BOV, no stalling for me and it sounds nice even without an intake, i have a sri now and it sounds a lot better. Plus there are springs for each psi range, i believe the higher your boost the sound changes. just be careful

Back