Forge BOV, Forge BPV or stock

03MSPRO said:
I don't need more heat under the hood
Then dont run a Atmo BOV...run a BPV or diverter valve. forge sells one fo those too. you just wont get that cool sound.

plus when fall comes I hope to run somkinda intake duct though the fenders...see if that will help. Corksport sells something like that for their CAI.

I have the Forge BOV. Had it on for the last week or two. Easy install. But I do almost stall out a few times. Mostly when the car is cold and it has not run for a while and occasionally on a hill for some odd reason. Sometimes it doesnt even kick in unless I almost red line it at times. Maybe it's just the hot weather cause early this morning (6am)was kinda cool out and no stalling. So go figure...my sound is more or less *swish.... gobble, gobble,... pfsssst* Kinda an odd sound because I dont get the 'super turkey', I get the spool up and swish from my CAI and then a little gobble from the turkey and a pfsst sound of air releasing at the end. I'll have to post up a wav. or something one of these days.

Sometimes I feel like my car is talking to me and we have conversations.....*swish.... gobble, gobble,... pfsssst*. lol

I have a CAI, Forge BOV and 3 inch catless downpipe. Still waiting on my XZ MBC/FPR/FCD package from Joepmbc (2 weeks and counting)...

laracroft said:
I have the Forge BOV. Had it on for the last week or two. Easy install. But I do almost stall out a few times. Mostly when the car is cold and it has not run for a while and occasionally on a hill for some odd reason. Sometimes it doesnt even kick in unless I almost red line it at times. Maybe it's just the hot weather cause early this morning (6am)was kinda cool out and no stalling. So go figure...my sound is more or less *swish.... gobble, gobble,... pfsssst* Kinda an odd sound because I dont get the 'super turkey', I get the spool up and swish from my CAI and then a little gobble from the turkey and a pfsst sound of air releasing at the end. I'll have to post up a wav. or something one of these days.

Sometimes I feel like my car is talking to me and we have conversations.....*swish.... gobble, gobble,... pfsssst*. lol

I have a CAI, Forge BOV and 3 inch catless downpipe. Still waiting on my XZ MBC/FPR/FCD package from Joepmbc (2 weeks and counting)...
What are these things called cold & hills of which you speak? :confused:

Seriously though...since FL is always hot & everything is flat, I can't comment on that. All I know is that I was getting stalling almost once a day recently until I started downshifting more often & now I have almost no problems.

I downshift when I slow down and I get a little putt putt from the back end because the downpipe. lol But with the hotter weather, it almost stalls out even before I leave my driveway! But usually I only give the car a few min to start up and then I'm gone. I find that when I let it warm up a little longer, cut the a/c off, it doesn't do it.... as much. When I'm on a hill at a light, it almost stalls out too for some reason. Maybe it's because the incline... who the hell knows. Ghost just bought a Monza and he may be getting rid of his other BOV. Don't know that I'll want to use that one. But it sounded REAL nice.

On a side note: for some reason this morning, it was about 65 outside and it went fine...without a hitch and didn't stall. Not once! Which surprised the hell outta me. I'm starting to think my car is like "Christine" from Stephen King. lol

Yeah the Forge BOV will sound diffrent depending on your setup....why I do not know. I have the super turkey becuase I have a Injen CAI. My friend has whoosh gobble goooble with a custom CAI. Which is weird...he has two sound comming form 1 BOV.

Pretty damn loud...see for yourself. download this video:

http://www.msprotege.com/members/spacemonkey/forgeBOVdriveBy.AVI

I was barely as full boost cuz I was trying to blow off right in front of the camera. it was a regular digital cam so the mic points in one direction. But its fairly loud...the 240 guys love it cuz it sounds "JDM."

only thing is it gets pretty hot under the hood. I've had this product since it 1st came out with absolutely no problems.

eewwww, super turkey.

I have a Turbosmart Daul port valve and I love it. No stalling issues. Also , no more turkey, i get a swoosh/khhhaaahhh sound then ppppssshhtttt like sound. Also i heard recirculating is more effecient.
I had a Boost Science RDV and dont recommended it at all. All i got was an angry turkey!!!

Back