for those of you who have cargo trays...

Blacky_03 said:
Ok, here's the deal. The cargo tray looks great on the Internet. Found a great deal for $39.99 at a dealer in VA. I get it a week later, he sends me the one for a Protege. Ggrrrrrrr. Ok, so I send it back and wait another week. Get it tonight and the thing still doesn't fit. WTF? It does not look like the one in the picture. Mine has a 90' angle in the bottom left of the tray. The picture shows it curved out. My bottom right is curved out but my in my trunk that's 90'. What gives? (scratch) guys,help me out. Did i receive another incorrect item or does Mazda claim they fit better than they really do. I really want one as I throw a bunch of stuff back there but not at the expense of looking like crap.

Thanks in advance.

The tray should fit absolutely perfectly...that's it!

i got mine since they "came out". it folded in the box, i let is sit outside for a while in the sun and i put it in. the fit is 100% so i don't know what some of you are smoking :)

i imagine it will not fit as good in those cars with raised trunk floor, i.e. sub in the spare.

but the thing fits great, easily washable. i even painted the little mazda letters with oem touch up paint and it looks cool

I must of got the wrong one again but it does not fit like it should. I'm going to send it back for a refund and go to my local dealer and get one. It's not worth the $20 I thought I was saving. My time is worth much more than Mr. Jackson

It's the LAZARUS THREAD! Who resurrected this thing?

(rofl)

Seriously -- the Mazda cargo tray fits like a glove in the 2003 and earlier P5, and it will still fit pretty well in the 2003.5 w/ the spare tire subwoofer and raised trunk floor. I said in my previous post (18+ months ago!!!) that it was crap -- well, it works, 'cause I still have it in there.

I did it the cheap way. Bought a 4'x4' sheet of rubber mat from home depot. I used the trunk carpet as the pattern and got an el-cheapo rubber trunk mat. Cost $5 Cdn.

I also lined the back of the rubber with synthetic foam padding to reduce noise from the hatch - another $10.

4-door P5? (scratch) Anyway, I have a cargo tray since I had the car 2002.5. It fits fine. It serves it's purpose perfectly fine as well. I've spilt all kind of junk in my trunk including clipped metal wires, saw dust, water, etc. I've even got a box on top. It prevents the box from damaging the carpet-covered cardboard. It comes out easily to get the spare. Cargo net came with the car, but I still haven't used the net.

if you buy the tray from the dealer directly here, it costs about $55. just gotta know people around here to get a deal cheaper than that. good luck guys.

Ok update. Called the dealer again this morning and was explaining the situation and what my tray looks like. He said once in a while Mazda sends out some bogus tray that even him, the parts manager to this day still doesn't know what car it goes to? It's like almost a complet mirror image of what it should be. Any who, he appolized and will ship me the correct one overnight and check it before he ships. Jeese. All this for a piece of rubber! (confused)

Blacky_03 said:
Ok update. Called the dealer again this morning and was explaining the situation and what my tray looks like. He said once in a while Mazda sends out some bogus tray that even him, the parts manager to this day still doesn't know what car it goes to? It's like almost a complet mirror image of what it should be. Any who, he appolized and will ship me the correct one overnight and check it before he ships. Jeese. All this for a piece of rubber! (confused)

can u talk the dealer down 4 wasting all of your time 4 something they're already aware of? I mean, w/ all that time you're wasting, u could have done an oil change or something. mayb they'll throw something in or u could get some of your money back for all the frustration and wasted time. just a thought. i'd prob do that and make a stink hehe.

Well FINALLY got the correct tray yesterday via overnight UPS. ANd yes, it fit's like a glove.

I bought this thru a dealer online in VA and I'm in TN. I was going to say something when I called him Friday but he was very appoligetic on the phone and offered to ship it overnight. I was going to give them one more try then give them my Tony Soprano if it was still wrong but all is good now.

i love the mat. it cleans so easily, just whip it out at the carwash and hose it off. durable as hell. i've never found anything that has ever ripped it.

I have the mat too and I love it esp for misc stuff or grocery getting. I had a situation once where the milk spilled and thank goodness that mat was there. I just took it out and hosed that baby clean! There is nothing worse the the smell or dried milk crusting on carpet! Too bad the cargo net cannot be used along with the mat.

mp5commuter said:
I have the mat too and I love it esp for misc stuff or grocery getting. I had a situation once where the milk spilled and thank goodness that mat was there. I just took it out and hosed that baby clean! There is nothing worse the the smell or dried milk crusting on carpet! Too bad the cargo net cannot be used along with the mat.

i use the net with the mat just fine (scratch)

can someone confirm or deny that the tray doesn't fit on models with the spare tire subwoofer? thanks.

toucci said:
can someone confirm or deny that the tray doesn't fit on models with the spare tire subwoofer? thanks.
It fits my subbed 03.5 perfectly. It took awhile to settle properly at the back corners (seat backs)--I thought when I first installed it that it was the wrong one, too--but now, I wouldn't leave home without it (apologies to Karl).

Back