Font Motorsports Mazda 2 Build

Well, i completely gutted these of all the original projectors and shrouds and replaced them with HID projectors and tried to point them as correctly as possible. They're still working fine so I'm guessing i did it right. :)

Oh, so you replaced the projectors? where did you get the Left Handed replacement HID projectors from? Also, what shroud did you use for the high beam, did you need to modify it? reason i'm asking is i'm planning to do the same, and i really don't want to mess up since the price for headlights and materials are expensive. So i need all your expert advice.

Thanks

I've got a set from Japan that I'm slowly working on. My plan is to convert it, though I haven't figured out how, yet. I'll post details when I finally progress that far.

how did you get the headlights? are they left handed? can you point me to the website link where you got it from?

thanks

The ones I got are left-handed. I got them from jauce.com, a Japanese auction site that also ships overseas.

I did indeed change the projectors. I got the HID's from the The Retrofit source which i can get for you if you'd like. I went through quit a lot of trail and error before i got it right and you're build will be different than mine but here's what i used.

Projectors - Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 6.0

Shrouds - Iris & Mini Graphite. Also used some of the shrouds the projectors came with. Cut them up a lot though.

Ballast and Wire Harness -
Forgot specifically which ones they where. Sorry! The Retrofit Source is an awesome company with incredible customer service. They will literally answer any dumb questions you might have. I literally exchanged around 100 emails with the rep that helped me. Pretty great.

LED Angel Eyes - Morimoto xB LED Angel Eyes

Accessories - OCI Butyl Rubber Glue, Rubber Housing Caps and Shroud Centric Rings. There were other small parts that the rep can help you figure out.

My advice. Take your time, prepare and think it through before you go installing and cutting anything. You don't want to mess up because those original parts you can't replace. :)

Oh, so you replaced the projectors? where did you get the Left Handed replacement HID projectors from? Also, what shroud did you use for the high beam, did you need to modify it? reason i'm asking is i'm planning to do the same, and i really don't want to mess up since the price for headlights and materials are expensive. So i need all your expert advice.

Thanks

The ones I got are left-handed. I got them from jauce.com, a Japanese auction site that also ships overseas.

is there a way to message the vendor at jauce.com? i don't know if all of them are willing to ship to canada.

thanks

Nice. What LED setup are you running/going to run? The best I've seen available are the JW speaker retrofit projector units.

Picking up a pair of HID's probably would have been easier to get it all set up right. Instead I decided I wanted to run LED headlights (not as good as HID's, but better than stock). I'm using the low-beam projectors that came with the headlight and picked up a set of high-beam projectors. Those will take some work to fit well. I've already cut up most of my high-beam shroud to accommodate a second inner shroud. This is all going to take awhile, I expect.

is there a way to message the vendor at jauce.com? i don't know if all of them are willing to ship to canada.

thanks

That's not really how it works. Think of it as Japan's eBay. And jauce.com is just another layer. The sellers are really selling on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, but when they ship, they don't ship to you. They ship to a jauce.com warehouse. Then once your item or items have arrived you order your shipment sent overseas. And I'm sure they ship to Canadia.

Nice. What LED setup are you running/going to run? The best I've seen available are the JW speaker retrofit projector units.

I looked at the JW Speaker setup. They are pretty large, not to mention expensive. Instead I'm just going to get the CREE H7 headlight bulbs that should plug straight into the projectors I already have. You can find them on eBay for about $80/pair. Much cheaper than an HID bulb and ballast.

Is the output good enough for stand-alone headlight use? When I checked into it heavily two years ago, the LED replacement bulbs weren't bright enough to substitute for normal halogen bulbs. If the CREE output turns out to be good enough, I'll be rocking the same bulbs as you. The new headlights I bought convert the 9003 harness to H7 with a secondary harness, so I'll be able to go for the same bulbs. Let me know!

And sorry to threadjack Rodrigo!!!

I looked at the JW Speaker setup. They are pretty large, not to mention expensive. Instead I'm just going to get the CREE H7 headlight bulbs that should plug straight into the projectors I already have. You can find them on eBay for about $80/pair. Much cheaper than an HID bulb and ballast.

Is the output good enough for stand-alone headlight use? When I checked into it heavily two years ago, the LED replacement bulbs weren't bright enough to substitute for normal halogen bulbs. If the CREE output turns out to be good enough, I'll be rocking the same bulbs as you. The new headlights I bought convert the 9003 harness to H7 with a secondary harness, so I'll be able to go for the same bulbs. Let me know!

And sorry to threadjack Rodrigo!!!

If you get the right kind (look for the ones with a good heat sink on the back) you should be rocking 1800 lumens per bulb. Some claim even more. Most of the ones I've seen have two CREE 1512 LED's mounted. I also found one that uses four CREE XML2 chips. Currently debating my options:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

You asked for it. You got it. (yes)

Specs: ( Made Up )

Enkei RPF1
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2
Lowered
Roof Painted - Black
Side Mirror - Black
Roof Spoiler - Black
Side Skirts - Black
Front Lip - Black
Rear Diffuser - Stock
Shark Fin Antenna - Black

Enkei RPF1 - Silver

2015-Mazda-2-Black-Wheels

Enkei RPF1 - Gunmetal

2015-Mazda-2-Gunmetal-Wheels

Enkei RPF1 - Black

2015-Mazda-2-Silver-Wheels

2016 Mazda 2 - Stock

2015-Mazda-2-Stock

A lot of potential there. I'm not feeling the black highlights, they sorta...cheapen(?) the look of the car. I really shouldn't talk 'cheap', as one of my cars is plastidipped grey.

Definitely full of potential especially if they add some power. By the way, i didn't black out the headlights. I left those stock. haha :)

A lot of potential there. I'm not feeling the black highlights, they sorta...cheapen(?) the look of the car. I really shouldn't talk 'cheap', as one of my cars is plastidipped grey.

Do you think gold wheels go well on red? I really like this set up. these are rota grid 2 15x7. I can't tell what size the stock wheels are in the new m2 picture to get an idea.

1502.jpg

1508.jpg

Gold and bronze are def good on red.

Do you think gold wheels go well on red? I really like this set up. these are rota grid 2 15x7. I can't tell what size the stock wheels are in the new m2 picture to get an idea.

1502.jpg

1508.jpg

Back