foglight dilemma

marciano

:
2008 Mazda CX-7 GT FWD
I have a 2008 CX-7 GT fwd. I want to upgrade the fogs to a brighter/ better match for the HID light...any suggestions or pictures? oh...what size are they?

H11, can not do HID unless you cut out the metal piece thats inside the housing, HID bulbs are longer than stock so thats why the metal reflector has to be cut out and its a b****, i have tried wrecked the housing and got nothing done, PIAA Xtreme white or go to a 110Watt bulb that the big semis use.

This is what I got: XTEC 400k Plus HID-matched H11 Halogen Bulbs and they are a perfect match...way better than the OEM yellow fogs

Pics:
IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

Thats a perfect match Shaz. How is the performance, Brighter or the same as stock.

It is definitely brighter. I'm glad to have done this. The yellow fogs are useless.

It is definitely brighter. I'm glad to have done this. The yellow fogs are useless.

Yellow fogs are useless and the make the car look like complete s*** lol, i will have to order a set for sure.

Easy swap... but you do have to BEND not cut that little reflective dome inside the housing. You can take the housing apart and cut it if you want, but I wouldn't.

Hey how are you Joseph? Any new projects I might be interested in? Can you mod the headlights to look like the Audi R8 and/or maybe angel eyes CCFL

Easy swap... but you do have to BEND not cut that little reflective dome inside the housing. You can take the housing apart and cut it if you want, but I wouldn't.

Bending it doesnt look clean so thats why i didnt do it, tried to take the housing apart and its a b****.

Wait...

Can someone clarify something for me...?

These H11 "replacement bulbs"... do they just literally replace the current standard bulbs without any fuss...? What is this talk about bending or cutting things...? I am looking for an easy swap - not a project.

Can someone clarify...?
Thanks.

Wait...

Can someone clarify something for me...?

These H11 "replacement bulbs"... do they just literally replace the current standard bulbs without any fuss...? What is this talk about bending or cutting things...? I am looking for an easy swap - not a project.

Can someone clarify...?
Thanks.

If you wanna upgrade to a true HID then you have to cut out or bend the metal piece, but no need if your only upgrading to a PIAA or any other aftermarket regular bulb.

Here's why I got confused:

marciano: shaz was this an easy swap...like bulb for bulb direct plug in replacement?

AlbanianDude: Thats all it is man.

07LiquidCX7: Easy swap... but you do have to BEND not cut that little reflective dome inside the housing. You can take the housing apart and cut it if you want, but I wouldn't.

_____

Somewhere along the line, the wires must've crossed. It appears those Halogen H11 lamps will easily swap for the standard bulbs... right?

Last edited:
yes it is a simple swap but albaniandude mentioned cutting the metal piece inside and that's why u got confused. and I think it is not worth it to do a true HID for the fogs. it is bright enough for the one I used. so forget the metal piece and just do the simple swap

Hey how are you Joseph? Any new projects I might be interested in? Can you mod the headlights to look like the Audi R8 and/or maybe angel eyes CCFL

Going to start LED tails in the near future... muuuuwwaaaahahahahahaha.... ;)

I completed the conversion on my e30 BMW and am super happy with the results. Now am confident enough to cut up a set of stocker CX7 tails. Just looking for a spare set so I don't put the wife's car out of commission during the conversion.

Back