Fog light upgrade

CIQMan07

:
Mazda 6 GT, Soul Red
Forgive me if this has been posted, I tried searching and didn't find quite what I was looking for.

I'm interested in making my fog lights the same white as the xenon headlights. I have heard LED (which looks like a direct replacement), but at 6000k might be too "white" to match. I have also read that people put in HID kits. Are these the full kits like for headlights just repurposed for the fogs? For those who installed the HID kits where did you put the boxes (wire harnesses??). From what I have read here 4300k to 5000k is the best match. If anyone has put in 6000k LED's (like from Corksport) how do they look/match? Hope I explained myself well, new to lighting upgrading.

I believe there is a picture floating around here of some 5000k morimoto hid fog lights that look very close to stock hids. Monkee is on the forum and has them.

I have some 5500K bulbs on order that should arrive today hopefully, will come back on color similarity soon.

aftermarket 5000k fog HIDs will look close to stock headlight HIDs.

stay away from the LED bulbs, unless you only want looks. output is vastly inferior.

Thanks for the replies.

Are these 5000k fog HIDs a direct replacement bulb or a conversion kit?

Got the bulbs in yesterday an put them in today. Here's a couple of pictures to show the color.

Bulbs are from carid.com: http://www.carid.com/2013-mazda-6-led-lights/lumen-led-lights-3126989.html

IMG_1341_zpsc7d9abff.jpg

IMG_1344_zps93e17cac.jpg

Last edited:
These are the standard, as the plazma are 6500-7500K and would probably too blue compared to the HID's.

Cant comment on light output yet, as they have only been in since this morning ;-)

But too be honest I am not too concerned with that, as I mostly did it for looks, really disliked the yellowish color of the halogens, especially compared to the HID's.

Thanks for the input. I agree that the yellow with the HID's don't look so good.

After doing more research, right now I'm leaning towards the HID's. I like that I can get the 4300k color which should match the HID's, but then if I wanted to make them brighter I can swap out the bulbs. With the LED's they are only available in the 5000k and up range. Maybe I'm just being picky :p

Back