fmic vs. upgraded tmic vs. stock tmic

the rubber cap that covers the low beam bulb tends to pop off every once in a while. I'm sure moisture can get in there but it's not something that worries me personally. once the cap's off the piping doesn't come into contact with the headlight housing. it's just that tight of a fit.

sounds like its a liveable problem, def something i can live with. thanks for your replies. ill get on this as soon as i get around to ordering.

Design:

We got the largest core we could fit in there with out having to hack up anything. We went with a 31x8x3 unit. Using the correct size tubing on the hot side, we were able to get the car to spool almost as fast as the stock setup!

Read Here

yeah idk, i ran into that dilemma when i was picking a core too. I remember he was debating on 2 sizes and that was posted right before the GB. The boy i bought the piping from tried a 31in core and had to cut one of the IC coupler down. maybe it was his problem but i actually used a 28in core and everything was a tight fit. so if you were going in between those measurements for a core you'll be fine. i still don't understand how this is the only piping kit we can get right now.

Hm, I don't know either. But if you say the 28" is a tight fit, then maybe that's the way to go. What core did you go with?

It's a Mishimoto core. Picked it up at JSCSpeed (free plug Aaron :)) since they're local. Pretty much another reason I went with a 28in core. I'm sure the 29-31in wouldn't change too much. it'll take atleast 8in tall to cover the mouth btw.

It's a Mishimoto core. Picked it up at JSCSpeed (free plug Aaron :)) since they're local. Pretty much another reason I went with a 28in core. I'm sure the 29-31in wouldn't change too much. it'll take atleast 8in tall to cover the mouth btw.

Would you mind posting pics of yours installed? Thanks

Would 9" tall be better? +1 on pics, post em!

i'll try to get pics

I think a 9" would be ok. I also didn't relocate my P/S cooler so I didn't have the extra space.

FWIW...I kept up with my friends MS3 with a Cobb AP(18lbs map)/CPE FMIC, CPE DP-RP/ Injen CAI/ HKS SSQV with my car...so the TMIC FTW!

He barely pulls on me while I shift since he can go to redline.

does any body have any pictures of the blacked out cp-e fmic!?

a guy actually had one up for sale here on the ms3 marketplace section...
had a nice sleeper look to it...

I personally like the way the COBB FMIC looks compared to the CP-e but from what I been reading (not just on here) the CP-e FMIC is no joke and is probably the one I will be going with

I personally like the way the COBB FMIC looks compared to the CP-e but from what I been reading (not just on here) the CP-e FMIC is no joke and is probably the one I will be going with

yeah man i saw it and the black looked amazing!! sleeper no doubt.
and i was a fan of the cobb one too but i heard nothing but great things about cp-e fmic!! so we will see!!

CP-e makes pretty good stuff..

Back