fmic problems

RXMmazdaspeed

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
like grcuadros posted in a thread he created, my car seems to bog down around 4k since installing the hiboost fmic... most noticabley in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The car's psi jumped from 5-7psi after the install, and i have reset the ecu properly which helped clear up some problems i had initially.

i had blown a couple pipes outta place when i went for the first couple drives, and have since tightened everything very very securely, so im about 95% this isn't the problem.

maybe fuel cut? a few times last night on the highway i was able to get past that plateau at around 4k, but msot of the time it just boggs down really bad. anyone have any suggestions? would getting DSMconvert's AFC help to solve this problem? any suggestions, help, ideas, anything, let me have it.... thanks in advance.

unichip is a little out of my league money wise right now. the afc is, however, within my budget. i planned on getting this later this summer, but will order this earlier if it will help solve the problems.

RXMmazdaspeed said:
unichip is a little out of my league money wise right now. the afc is, however, within my budget. i planned on getting this later this summer, but will order this earlier if it will help solve the problems.

i'd go with the unichip unless you don't mind hacking up your factory wire harness. I did that with my civic when i installed my greddy turbo kit. The car never ran the same again after it was pulled. The ecu couldn't read the right voltages.

i have th esame problem, sometimes my car runs like a champ sometiomes in runs like a chump, my car is oficiallt Bi-Polar, but im getting a unichip end of summer so i should be good :)

RXMmazdaspeed said:
like grcuadros posted in a thread he created, my car seems to bog down around 4k since installing the hiboost fmic... most noticabley in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The car's psi jumped from 5-7psi after the install, and i have reset the ecu properly which helped clear up some problems i had initially.

i had blown a couple pipes outta place when i went for the first couple drives, and have since tightened everything very very securely, so im about 95% this isn't the problem.

maybe fuel cut? a few times last night on the highway i was able to get past that plateau at around 4k, but msot of the time it just boggs down really bad. anyone have any suggestions? would getting DSMconvert's AFC help to solve this problem? any suggestions, help, ideas, anything, let me have it.... thanks in advance.

if i could cough up the money for a unichip i would... but im in the process of getting the full turbo back from corksport... then i planned on the afc... can anyone just tell me if the afc would help with these problems?

RXMmazdaspeed said:
if i could cough up the money for a unichip i would... but im in the process of getting the full turbo back from corksport... then i planned on the afc... can anyone just tell me if the afc would help with these problems?
I'd like to know the same thing, because my car is behaving in the same manner. I'll be able to monitor A/F soon though, once I get my wideband installed. I was thinking of going with AFC or the FTC that DSMConvert is working on.

Anyone know?

RXMmazdaspeed said:

Exhaust will definitely help. The amount of boost that the engine is seeing has increased, stock exhaust is restrictive so it might be having problems exhaling, lol. Yes, the afc will help alot. That, along with exhaust should probably clear your problem for the most part.

good.. im ordering the corksport DP this week, and im in line for teh next batch of corksport exhausts... now if only i could find a used, cheap DSM AFC...

If your car is bogging since you installed the front mount you probably are not going to help it too much with the AFC. You should already be running leaner than you were before the FMIC! Front mount has a lot more air volume in the system. This is what is causing your bogging. Cat removal (via Corksport exhaust) will help to offset some of the bogging since it will spool up a little faster. FMIC and stock boost isn't the greasest combo. Many people have complained of performance reductions. Higher boost will help the bogging but I'm sure you already know the risks there.

well the boost went from my stock figure (5psi) up to 7 and holds steady there.. so i know the boost already went up. the downpipe im hoping will help... and i wish i could get the exhaust sooner but i have to wait for the next batch to be done which sucks.

Restriction in exhaust is mostly due to the dual cats and a little to do with the stock muffler. Down pipe may help a little, but probably not that much. At least you will already have your downpipe on when you go to install the exhaust though.

im flashed... the problems have gotten better... but theres still stalling in first gear, usually when i rev up when im second in line at a stop sign and the guy in front of me goes... or sometimes in rush hour, but always in first gear.... still about half the time around 4 k in gears 3rd thru 5th im having the hesitation, bogging, whatever you wanna call it. but the other times my car is a beast... i raped a a4 1.8t with exhaust yesterday when my car was running well... then about 2 min after the race my car was weird again, then 2 min later it was fine again. i dont understand it, im not sure if my ecu is still screwing with a/f ratios, or if its the exhaust, or if its a combo of everything. but i believe that after i have my full exhaust and afc my car will be fine.

Back