Flash Tuning the CX-9

A flash on these cars can be done but IMO a waste of time, the gains you'll get aren't worth losing your warranty or putting engine in jepoardy. I tuned my Mustang coputer through the my computer & an EEC tuner software, it was an NA motor. You can modify the timing, fuel and spark tables to get a bit more power. I tuned mine because it was a 332ci stroker 450HP motor with a lot of performance parts! You need to be very careful though because the gains come from running the A/F mixture a bit leaner and adding more timing, which narrows the safety margin. I don't see @ 10HP being worth the risk in these behemouths what will you see a fraction of a second faster car?

A SC or even better turbo either with an intercooler would be a great way to go but I know nothing of what is in the short block. Are rods and crank steel, pistons hypereutetic or forged? You can use either SC or turbo with weaker short block parts but just make sure you have a safe tune. These are probably better ways to go and if I were going to consinder one I'd like at something like a STS turbo.

I always race with Audi Q7 and X6 all those, my power is powerful like them but when it comes to topspeed i am nothing. theres a speed limiter @180kmh, i am looking for an ecu reflash so that there's no limiter

I went to Mazda service centre today they said the ecu remap is available but the matter is the brake cannot withstand at highspeed 220kmh++. It may need a brembo set, because Mazda's brake are bad quality and small in diameter they always crooked after 30k kilomiles driving. Brembo cost pretty expensive..

because Mazda's brake are bad quality and small in diameter they always crooked after 30k kilomiles driving. Brembo cost pretty expensive..

Really? I must have a special set. Mine is original with 54K still rated "good" from full-circle inspection last week.

Really? I must have a special set. Mine is original with 54K still rated "good" from full-circle inspection last week.

You're just special lol.

I had chunks of brake pad material missing on my oem pads.... but it seems like its hit or miss with some people. Some have no probs and others have nightmare brakes like I did. My Centric setup has been great for 20k miles now.

I haven't seen any tuning around the Cx9, but definately would read into it if it were available.

Side Note: We are gonna roll over 30K this weekend, brakes are doing just fine so far. However, our power rear latch doesn't pull closed all the way unless you use push it by hand. Gonna have to make a dealer visit for that.

I think the CX-9 is pretty good accelerating for a 7 passenger family vehicle.
Of course, you can have more.

I`d look for the 13 Explorer Sport with the Ecoboost 365hp V6 or for the Audi Q7 with its supercharged 333hp 3.0 V6, without being gas guzzlers. But hey, that`s just me hehe.

Back