First CEL on Mazdaspeed3

Yeah I am still waiting on my dealership to get my VCS valve in. Its been 3 weeks now! My light keeps coming on and staying on for a couple days here and there and then off again for a couple. Definatly saw some excess exhaust the other day when I hit the gas. Its all good, I just hope they get my part in soon.

For the CEL does it matter how you drive your car? obviously most of us use them to commute, but how do you guys drive? Hard or just with the flow of traffic? I got my M3i in June and have about 9.5K miles and I haven't had a problem with it, and I like to push it occasionally. although when i took it in for service they had to replace my transmission pan gasket. This was at about 8K miles. Had to wait like 4 hrs at the dealership. (really wish i brought my psp)

R6-Ben said:
http://www.mazda3quebec.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9020&highlight=
in resume it says that the air intake is too restrictive on the MZR DISI turbo engine and the problem is coming from the 4 springs that open and close the gateof the air intake, not the waste gate.
It seems that there's gonna be a recall or TSB on the vehicule with this engine soon.

thats nice

if you actually read *this thread*, you'd already have known this has already been posted here... not to mention your information is not accurate

I bought my Black Speed3 on Halloween. I have 1900 miles on it and got the CEL on Tuesday. I was driving and it just came on.
So long story short I took her in and it was the intake maifold runner control problem.
They elongate the hole that the screw fits in to, to make the springs tighter on the valve. That's how they explained it to me anyway.
They called Engineering and had it fixed in 1 hour 30 min. They are keeping the ticket open in case the light comes on again. He gave me a 70% chance that it won't come back on. He also said that he had to do the same thing to a CX-7 a while ago.
And it certainly feels like she's opened up a bit. 3rd gear no longer feels restricted.
I need to go work on my signature.
Peace Out,
Vixen

Cel

Hi all....I have enjoyed reading all of your posts about our new "baby." I have a black MS3 GT package. I have been loving every commute since i bought the speed3. My car has 2300 miles on it and today as I was commuting home from work saw the CEL light go on. I am a first time Mazda owner and I have to admit that I am somewhat dispirited about having to take in my new car to get it fixed. I have read on previous posts that cold air temp has something to do with the intake malfunction. It so happens that it is really cold in New Mexico today (around 30 deg. F). (Sorry canadians..I know that doesn't meet your standards of cold!) Anyway, has anyone heard about a recall concerning this problem? I am getting the car serviced on Thursday and I will keep you all posted. It frankly sucks that on a limited supply car that I can find at least 4-5 people on one forum that are having the same malfunction. I just hope this is not a sign of things to come..........(pissed)

CEL on AGAIN. Same code p2006. Now I am getting kind of pissed. Just turned 4300 miles. Have to take it in on Monday so we will see what happens. This dealership is pretty good and I know they will fix the problem fast. I will keep you posted.

Hey Benzo.....Did you get it fixed the first time? If sooo, how long between the CELs? I got mine fixed pretty recently and so far..sooo good!

~John

2200 miles, CEL! haha. Sweet. It goes in this afternoon @ 3:30.

I've driven an Mk4 VW for the last 2.5 years. CELS don't bother me anymore. The CEL in my Golf eventually burned itself out.

I have to say I'm disappointed with Mazda on this issue. It's pretty clear our cars have an issue that crops up after only 1,000 miles (or not even). How could this not have come up during QA testing?

I work for a company that does testing for military computer systems. The first rule is "you cannot similate real world situations no matter how much you test".

Too many variables, too many things to consider, and too many different results. They test as much as they can, and give it to the soldiers/sailors and see what they think about it. That's how we find out what the real issues are. Then they can be addressed.

Buying this car as early as we did, (even though it shares the power train with the MS6) we are the real world testers. I knew it going in.
Small pennance for the joys of being the first on the block with an MS3 (and a big assed metal pep boys spoiler....psyche)

Yeah I agree with ya Swamp. I really dont mind the CELs, just like to see whats happening to other people and at what time. I am just curious if Benzo got his fixed and now it came on again. I got mine fixed like 400miles ago and soo far its been perfect.

Hey sorry for the delay. I just got home from work. I had it fixed the first time at 2200 miles and it came on again at 4300 miles. So it worked for about 2000 miles. We will see what they do this time.

1.5 hours at the dealer and they threw in a free wash! The service guy was kinda rushed in his reply with what was the issue. He said some valve or solenoid was stuck open. They replaced the unit. No CEL now and the car appears to have picked up a fair amount of bottom end. It "feels" 30hp stronger. (shocked)

I thought the same thing at first. But wait a little bit. I think it will come back on. I know....way to think positive!! LOL

Back