Finaly! They Did It!

bleh...this is not for the one with tech package as there is no slot for the other buttons adjacent to the hazard (media, sat, cd) but I guess it would be easy to cut them. I am still curious as to why scosche hasn't announced it in their press room link. well, its good news but I am still waiting for the blackbird B200 to pair with the alpine IVA W205. I would like to consider getting the avic z2 but alpine is integrating steering wheel controls already plus navi unit is portable and ipod integration is better.

bleh...this is not for the one with tech package as there is no slot for the other buttons adjacent to the hazard (media, sat, cd) but I guess it would be easy to cut them. I am still curious as to why scosche hasn't announced it in their press room link. well, its good news but I am still waiting for the blackbird B200 to pair with the alpine IVA W205. I would like to consider getting the avic z2 but alpine is integrating steering wheel controls already plus navi unit is portable and ipod integration is better.
What???? that IS for all CX-7's The NAV unit is the same as the Standard units, regarding the opening, You will lose the Media and whatever buttons, and why would you want them, they're not needed!
on the note of the New Dash kit

OMFG I CANNOT WAIT TO GET ONE OF THESE!!!

I'm curious how good the plastic finish is. It says they painted it "flat black to match the factory dash color" -- say it ain't so, flat black would look horrible and matches nothing. They better have made it piano black!

What???? that IS for all CX-7's The NAV unit is the same as the Standard units, regarding the opening, You will lose the Media and whatever buttons, and why would you want them, they're not needed!
on the note of the New Dash kit

Yeah, you do have a point but if possible, I'd like to retain them even if they are rendered useless just to maintain that OEM look. And yeah, I'd rather have the Piano Black finish than flat black

any idea if the bose 6 cd changer head unit can be easily ugraded with an aftermarket unit? Will it still play well through the speakers etc?

NO it will not, The only way I see of upgrading Bose is by replacing the backseat mid range speakers with higher quailty speakers, that run at 2ohm of course.

This is a good question, at least I think so.
I assume you are talking about upgrading only the head unit and NOT the amp/speakers.
Also what about harness kits. Will scosche come out with these?
Anyone know about this?

any idea if the bose 6 cd changer head unit can be easily ugraded with an aftermarket unit? Will it still play well through the speakers etc?

Last edited:
Yeah, you do have a point but if possible, I'd like to retain them even if they are rendered useless just to maintain that OEM look. And yeah, I'd rather have the Piano Black finish than flat black

Those buttons are all part of the head unit face plate, so unless you're going to take apart your OEM radio to make your own custom kit, like I did, you are not going to have those buttons.

I just ordered two, I CAN wait for them, since I already hooked up the radio. I will be selling the other one on the forum when I get them on friday.

just a question, lets with this kit you now can add an aftermarket GPS type of head unit, would the on dash display still work ? The on dash display shows the radio station your listening to, would that function still work with an aftermarket head unit instead of the Mazda head unit ???

thx

just a question, lets with this kit you now can add an aftermarket GPS type of head unit, would the on dash display still work ? The on dash display shows the radio station your listening to, would that function still work with an aftermarket head unit instead of the Mazda head unit ???

thx

I just put in a NEW JVC, and I lost the Clock, But I have manual A/C controls so, I'm just missing the clock.
DSCF0029.jpg

Last edited:

thx

My upper dash display still partially works... it shows the correct time and all the climate control diplays still work fine. It does NOT show any display for the radio.

There is also no way I know of to set the clock once you take the OEM radio/nav out... I am hoping a solution comes up prior to day light savings, or that Mazda can set it via PCM/ECM computer.

Back