FINALLY FINISHED!!! - Sub enclosure

sport_20

:
Mazda
Well I finally finished my new sub enclosure, here's some pics.

sub1.JPG

sub3.JPG

sub4.JPG

So what do you think (dance)

Last edited:
dude that looks real hot.. im planning on doing somethin somethin custom this summer.. you have any info on cost of parts and everything? thanks a lot man

SP33D said:
nice did you do it yourself?
Yeah he did it all himself, and pretty quick if you asked me. The kind of sanding work alone it takes to get to where it looks that good is crazy. Mad props to him for it looking so damn good finished.

RXMmazdaspeed said:
dude that looks real hot.. im planning on doing somethin somethin custom this summer.. you have any info on cost of parts and everything? thanks a lot man

Yeah all up I think it cost me NZD$75 for glass and polyester resin and then about NZD$10 for extra bit - so about $60 in US dollars. I must admit I "borrowed" a fair amount of bog (I think you guys call it bondo or something) and sand paper from my work ;)

yea def. good work man.. i was thinking of doing somethin with fiberglass possibly.. but i'm still tossing around some ideas

Kickass man. That looks sweet. How'd you keep it flush up along the bottom of that shelf up top? You're definately more ambitious than me, I took my sweet-ass time and still have been (functional, but still un-finished) *L* Hopefully my next planned project goes quicker once it's been started.

Hey, you ever figure out anything on the shifter BTW? I actually tried B&M again the otherday just 'cause I found the piece of paper I scribbled the number down on. The guy at the ricer shop who I talked to apparantly didn't do s*** as I walked in and asked, and he quickly came up with an excuse instead of an answer.

Thanks dude. Not sure what you mean by "How'd you keep it flush up along the bottom of that shelf up top", but basically I moulded straight off the inside panel of the car.

I never did mange to find out about the shifter - asked a few others with no response - so I guess I am stuck with the feel of a big rig til I can source something else. CHeers for the efforts though.

Poseur said:
Kickass man. That looks sweet. How'd you keep it flush up along the bottom of that shelf up top? You're definately more ambitious than me, I took my sweet-ass time and still have been (functional, but still un-finished) *L* Hopefully my next planned project goes quicker once it's been started.

Hey, you ever figure out anything on the shifter BTW? I actually tried B&M again the otherday just 'cause I found the piece of paper I scribbled the number down on. The guy at the ricer shop who I talked to apparantly didn't do s*** as I walked in and asked, and he quickly came up with an excuse instead of an answer.

Looks awesome for your first time! Kudos!
How does it stay in the compartment? How hard to remove to get to spare tire? and finally how does it sound? :)

Thanks man...It stays in the compartment via a bolt through which goes through the grille in the underside of the top of the compartment + a bit of velcro on the base. Removing to get to the spare tyre is stage two, I plan to make a new florr for the boot in which the part that the sub sits on is seperate and then place the jack somewhere easy to access. And finally IT SOUNDS GREAT.

DeanSweet said:
Looks awesome for your first time! Kudos!
How does it stay in the compartment? How hard to remove to get to spare tire? and finally how does it sound? :)

Latest posts

Back