Finally a P5 owner - woot!!!

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
The P5 I was holding out for came through. The owner found his truck that he wanted around at 4:30 PM. Drove 3 hours with my father-in-law to get it. Got back at 1:30 AM. Didn't have the cash in-hand or a cashier's check since I didn't think it was gonna happen this weekend, but I moved the car funds from savings into checking and Paypal'd him the $7K after the car checked out OK.

Pics can be found in the post below. They were taken by the seller during our negotiations. I'll post more pics later...although all of you have seen a stock P5 before. I'm planning on keeping it stock for a while:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5233197&postcount=14

Congratulations! Looks like a nice one.

Good luck with it...and good luck with that whole 'i'm keeping it stock' promise! :lol:

nice find!! looks realll clean! and yeah good luck with keeping it stock, thats what i said too but i gave in the first month haha.

Congrats and you even found the faster colour you wanted too! She's so clean! I could eat off the engine bay! Stock P5's look so weird now since mine has been so modified over the years. heh-heh. Anyway, welcome to the family!

Picked up the car last night with 68,500 miles on it. OK, so the car won't be completely BONE STOCK, but it'll be pretty close to it :)

Last edited:
Looks quite nice, congrats! Only thing I can say is maybe sand/rust paint the brake rotor hubs and calipers when you have a free afternoon. Goes a long way to cleaning up the exterior look of the car.

Looks quite nice, congrats! Only thing I can say is maybe sand/rust paint the brake rotor hubs and calipers when you have a free afternoon. Goes a long way to cleaning up the exterior look of the car.

The rotor hubs looks pretty nice actually. I know of the common rust issues with Mazda hubs, but this one is surprisingly clean.

Took some quick shots after I got home tonight. Going to switch over the tag tomorrow from the MS3 to the P5, and change over the name on the title.

p5home2.jpg

p5home1.jpg

p5home3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quick question: Is 1st gear really touchy? I've noticed when driving in a parking lot situation in 1st, the car will jerk on a dime when I feather the throttle.

Got the plate switched over today at lunch from the MS3 to the P5. Now I gotsta sell the MS3. Ordered some maintenance stuff for the big P5 day this coming Saturday. Gonna give her a nice wash, detail, claybar, Zaino treatment, change out the air filter, spark plugs, oil (add Fumoto valve), and touch up some minor blemishes with some OEM paint.

Would you guys recommend me going to synthetic oil at this point? The previous owner had the oil changed at local tire shops, Mazda dealerships, and Jiffy Lube type places. I have all of the receipts for those. I'm wondering if the cheap oil and filters at Walmart will do if I change it out regularly (3K - 4K miles).

Last edited:
awe you got real plates? i was hoping you'd keep your homemade temp tag! slick looking p5 though, and yes you will get used to first gear. doesnt take long

Yeah, i clutch in a lot and coast in first to avoid the shudder. Twitchy, she is.

You'll get used to it.

OK, good. Glad it's not just me.

Any feedback on if I should switch to synthetic at this point in the car's life? 68K miles so far with just regular oil. I'm thinking I could just stick with the cheap stuff.

Oil, I stick with the cheap stuff. Our engines are nowhere near high performance (or high horsepower lol) that would demand synthetic.

And are you selling your 3?

btw- great color! Blackout the headlights, paint the rear valence and throw on the home depot front lip and it cleans up the car so much.

Back