Filling badge holes, BONDO?

Stealth5

It's SABOTAGE
Contributor
:
02.5 Protege5
I went to autozone and asked the guy about filling the holes in my bumper where i took the license plate off. They sell some sorta of body repair putty and you sand the area around the hole, and schmear it on, and smooth it out, then paint. Im no expert on paint or anything and was wondering how much it would cost a body shop to fill in the 2 ~1/4 inch holes (the front bumper's plastic by the way)

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn man your ass should stick a whistle up in dem holes G so when the Air gets all up in that bumper your s*** will go WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorrry..couldnt resist.....

not that simple...if you want your bumper to be flush you WILL have to sand the bondo after putting it on. If you just smear it, it will be a little uneven, far away you cant tell but if you are a perfectionist you would make it smooth. Basically it comes with a bunch of putty and hardner. You mix the hardner in and the Bondo cures quickly in about an hour. If you do use it, wear a mask and do it outdoors cuz the stuff kills your brain.

the bad thing about doing this is you will fill in the holes were your plate holder bolts on. It would be hard to remove if you ever get a ticket and have to put the plate back.

another alternative is to go to kragen,pepboys, etc... They sell plugs for those holes. Luckily for you i saw them in black only. If i wanted to use em i would have to paint them silver, ahhhh!!

what were they called, that helps alot...i was looking for hte plugs. also i heard body shops do simple stuff like that for cheap

bondo...

I wouldn't recommend using bondo. Just as in most body work when you have holes bondo is not a good idea. Moisture can seep from the rear and cause cracking and can even fall apart. Since you want to fill the bumper holes you can get the plastic repair. Just like bondo it is a 2-part system, the plastic repair and hardener. Your bumper will be spotted in that section with paint and then the whole thing cleared. The whole process from repair, prep, paint, to detail all depends on the shop. Get some estimates and ask what their process is then decide.

forgot the name of the plugs..the kragen near my house had a whole variety located near the section they have plate holders, air freshners, etc...

KzA said:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn man your ass should stick a whistle up in dem holes G so when the Air gets all up in that bumper your s*** will go WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorrry..couldnt resist.....

Hahaha...hasn't anyone else seen that video clip? (rofl)

Back