few problems with mazda 5 need help.

David RS

:
2007 Mazda 5
hello every one. I'm new to the forum and I tried to search for my issue with my mazda5 on this forums and on the how to forums. I apologize in advance because maybe the answer for my question is already posted somewhere but like I said I'm new to the forum. Issue as fallow.

1)My front door ( driver side) lock wont lock with the keyless remote. all other doors work fine when I lock or unlock except the driver side front door. It first started not working at times but now it does not work at all. every time I need to lock my car I have to manually lock the driver door. I once took the driver door apart, but I dint know what I was doing so I pit it back together.

2) I need to replace my rear and front bushings. I know the location for the rear bushing and how to replace it, but I been under my mazda5 numerous times (changing oil) and I cant find those danm bushings on the front. Also when I do decide to replace the bushings is it recommendable to use dealer bushings or aftermarket works fine?

Again sorry in advance if this question have been answer before. I just could not find those threads. I will really appreciate any advice or help with this issues. Looking forward for your comments. thank you!

Hi! Where in Texas?

1. Bad wire somewhere in the harness? Could be anywhere between the door switch and the ECU/receiver/whatever talks to the remote and locking system.
2. Check all the pivot points for your suspension- that's where the bushings are. Why do you have to replace them? As for replacements, I would go with aftermarket poly bushings, but I prefer more responsive suspension and don't care about giving up a little bit of street comfort... and I don't think poly bushings add much harshness at all. But that's me. The 5 cross-references over to the Focus and 3 for most bushings.

Killeen TX. I will check the wiring on the door. so that means that I need to change the wires or lube them? I'm going to use some wd40 and see if that works. thanks for the reply phunky.

Welcome David. Moving this to the general section since you have two separate questions. This section is for posting step-by-step how-tos.

1) Sounds like you have a faulty door lock actuator. Google Mazda3 door lock actuator to see what it looks like, then check yours.

2) you can finds pics and guides to replace the front sway bar bushig here or online for the Mz3. You will need to search a little but it is a more difficult job bc of limited access.

Good luck.

the reason why i need to replace the bushings is because im getting the clocking sounds from both rear and front suspension. I just notice that both left and right struts look like they are leaking. it does not look like too much but it still got me concerned. i attached an image of the driver side front strut. if they are blown, does it means that the clocking is coming from a bad strut? should i still change the bushings? what should i do? thank you for your advice.

Attachments

• IMAG1632.jpg
    IMAG1632.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 227
Ah, not too too far from me.

If your shocks are leaking, definitely replace them first. Bushings usually don't die out during the normal lifetime of a car- at least 100k miles. The 5's shocks are a little weak for the weight of the car since they came straight from the 3, so they do tend to die quickly. Replace those, (clunking CAN come from shocks), then see if you still have odd noises.

little update. I order the kyb gr2 for the shocks and struts replacement. I did a little research and lots of people recommend those shocks for the mazda 5 oem replacement. But i still don't know what are the best or recommended aftermarket bushings for the mazda 5. any advice?

For about $10 extra dollars/shock, I would go with the newer KYB Gas-A-Just shocks for the rear. I paid about $48 each for these from RockAuto.com. These are mono tube shocks (vs. twin tube GR-2) and are advertized as an upgrade from the GR-2, which is meant to be an OEM replacement. I just installed these on our 2008 Mazda5 which has 62000 miles on the original shocks. It rides very nicely but it's my wife's car so I don't get to drive it too much. Someone posted earlier on this forum that the Gas-A-Just offers about 10-15% firmer damping for a more controlled ride. Unfortunately, KYB only makes Gas-A-Just shocks for the rear, not struts for the front. You could go with GR-2 front struts and Gas-A-Just rear shocks though.

have the same model year and had the same problems!

1. Mine was the passenger side... had to get mazda to replace the actuator... think it totaled just over $200 for the job and part.

2. As you mentioned the rear bushings are not too difficult to replace. The fronts are a bit of a different matter... I had the dealership do my front bushings. But if you're feeling so inclined, this thread gives some basic instruction on how to do it and also offers some good recommendations for aftermarket bushing options - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123818066-Have-you-DIY-d-your-front-sway-bar-bushings

I just saw your thread a few days ago wishmaster! it is very helpful. I will use it as a guide when I do my strut and shocks replacement.
MarkVIII88 , I already ordered the shocks/struts. thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! I should be getting them by ups tomorrow. For the bushings another member of the forums told me where he got his. he got them from rockauto.com. so I order those and the arrived today.

have the same model year and had the same problems!

1. Mine was the passenger side... had to get mazda to replace the actuator... think it totaled just over $200 for the job and part.

2. As you mentioned the rear bushings are not too difficult to replace. The fronts are a bit of a different matter... I had the dealership do my front bushings. But if you're feeling so inclined, this thread gives some basic instruction on how to do it and also offers some good recommendations for aftermarket bushing options - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123818066-Have-you-DIY-d-your-front-sway-bar-bushings

why you went with the dealership? is the job complicated? I will do some research on how to change the door actuator.
thanks every one for all the helpful replies!!

It was just after I had purchased the car (used), it still had a month of an extended warranty left, I had a whole bunch of stuff done, some under warranty some not... door actuator was not. Was just easy to have them do it while doing everything else and I got a discount on overall labour and some things were in similar areas, etc. Not sure how complicated the job is. If it ever went again, I'd probably try and do it myself... don't think it would be too complicated.

It was just after I had purchased the car (used), it still had a month of an extended warranty left, I had a whole bunch of stuff done, some under warranty some not... door actuator was not. Was just easy to have them do it while doing everything else and I got a discount on overall labour and some things were in similar areas, etc. Not sure how complicated the job is. If it ever went again, I'd probably try and do it myself... don't think it would be too complicated.

On your door actuator, do you have a part number for that piece? I've for the same one bad in my car and I'm itching to fix it. Maybe a picture too?

On your door actuator, do you have a part number for that piece? I've for the same one bad in my car and I'm itching to fix it. Maybe a picture too?

It was quite a while ago... I don't have a picture, but I should be able to dig up the part number for you, just give me a day or two...

Back