Feds investigating Mazda CX-9 over suspension problems

Feds investigating Mazda CX-9 over suspension problems. This seems to affect the 2007-2008 model years only.
  • Is the lower ball joint in the front suspension different from 2009 to current latest model?
  • Are the part numbers for the front suspension in the 2007-2008 model years different for 2009 to current latest model?

Just saw this after inspecting mine and finding the left front separated. Wife has been complaining about it for a few weeks now so I took it for a spin and yeah wow it really feels funky. So carefully I go to the mechanic in the morning. Ugh.

Just saw this after inspecting mine and finding the left front separated. Wife has been complaining about it for a few weeks now so I took it for a spin and yeah wow it really feels funky. So carefully I go to the mechanic in the morning. Ugh.

Hi 2007CX9, any updates on your visit to the mechanic? I have contacted my local Mazda dealership and they were not aware of the investigation. I made an appointment so they can take a look as the car has been feeling funny on the front passenger side. I will provide an update after the appointment.

This is interesting news, we have been hearing this clunking noise in the front suspension when hitting these dips in our neighborhood for a while now. I will be checking this tonight.

I went to the dealership yesterday and they said everything in the suspension looks fine. They noted that the tires needed replacement. I am guilty of buying used tires so I can't argue I will have to pony up and buy all new 4 tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lower control arms in my 08 have been changed once already by the dealership. It seems it a bad dust boot design for the ball joint letting the salt in and corroding it. Since my warranty is running out. I might change them in the future with MOOG or ACDELCO ones.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back