Falken azenis FK453, anyone have a review on em?

ohioan

:
Ms3, silver gt
Debating between then Falken vs. Bridgestone potenza RE760. They both have similar ratings, but the Falken's have a $80 rebate from discount tire... From what I've gathered so far is its a relitively new tire, so finding reviews is challenging. Don't know if anyone has them on here. If I get no responses and I go with them, I'll leave a review here.

go into the ohio section and there is a thread on there about Continental tire discount. Buy for get $80 visa if you buy four on top of whatever discount you find and $40 visa if you buy two. DW is summer and DWS is all season both have amazing reviews

disregard both of those tires, go with BF Goodrich g-force comp 2's, they grip at the beginning of 2nd with 340whp, very very good tire, and the tread wear is outstanding as well

disregard both of those tires, go with BF Goodrich g-force comp 2's, they grip at the beginning of 2nd with 340whp, very very good tire, and the tread wearis outstanding as well

Ah, don't know how I overlooked those... So now debating those vs the Falken. $100 difference though.

beginning of 2nd with 340whp? that's because you're not making peak power at the beginning of second. lol.

Conti DW is what I'm running, and sometimes I can get traction in 3rd with 'em......but I've got 'em in a 255/40 17 size, and ~450whp

don't get all-seasons if you want a tire that is actually very good.

Mike's advice is spot-on. If you really want traction get true summer tires and change out for winter tires if the climate requires it. I tried to use UHP all-season tires with the best rating according to the reviews of Tire Rack -- Pirelli P-Zero Nero A/S. Horrible mistake. Yes, they do better in the winter. A lot better. But for the 5% of the time we have weather below 40 degrees here in South Mississippi, the trade off was poor. The Pirelli tires came nowhere close to good summer extreme performance rubber. I was busting them loose in second from a roll, even with gentle tip in at any and every rpm, and had trouble hooking in third, and that is with my modest mods and only 300-310 whp.

This is a high performance car. It deserves true summer performance tires. I could not wait for the Pirelli's to wear out. When they did, I went with Yokohama Advan Neova AD-08's in the stock size. The difference was positively transformational. These tires should not be driven at temps below 40 degrees F., but I found that they did well on down toward freezing. For the short time we got true freezing conditions, I have another vehicle, an SUV.

Dry and wet traction and braking on the AD-08's in normal temps is astounding. Turn it is extremely precise. This is probably the closest thing you can get to R track tires and be DOT legal and have reasonable tread wear. Honestly, they are wearing better than the A/S tires did.

The problem with tire wear on our cars seems to be mostly due to the negative, non-adjustable camber on the rear tires. They wear like crazy on the inside due to the negative camber and go bald or cup on the inside long before tread depth becomes an issue. Regular rotation just delays the inevitable but a little.

Last edited:
Ok, so now I'm debating between the Falken with treadwear of utqg 300 for $149 per tire plus tax (because they have a warehouse in my state) which include shipping for the set $642.19. These have a $80 mail in rebate. Actual total $562.19

The other is now kumho ecsta spt. Treadwear is 320. $134 per tire, no tax, but have to pay $55 to ship. No rebate. Total for set $591

The gforce are $671 for the set with a 340 wear rating. Don't know if those are worth the extra $$$

Also wanted to mention that I am only checking out summer tires. I have a seperate set of tires for winter....

Back