Factory Reset -->Lost Navi

If you haven't done any tweaks then no its not normal.

I would try your spare card or just remove the original and replace.

Moot, it's sold, as of about an hour, with a "virgin" NA Navtech SD Card that came with it. The European card was in Polish anyways! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

2016-2016.5 CX-5: When you remove NAVI card, you then have a Compass.

Strange but true...

I'm tracking that compass is default; I hit factory reset without removing the NAVI card and it removed the NAVI option after restart.

My navigation has been gone for almost a year now with no reason. I've tried hard reset and other ways but to no avail. The infotainment system thinks I have no factory nav for some reason.

My navigation has been gone for almost a year now with no reason. I've tried hard reset and other ways but to no avail. The infotainment system thinks I have no factory nav for some reason.
No dealer nearby? Or are you already out of warranty?

No dealer nearby? Or are you already out of warranty?
No, I don't go to Mazda dealer unless it's really necessary as I do every maintenance by myself. Our CX-5 is wife's DD to work and we never have a need for navigation as there's no live traffic on navi and that's the only thing wife would use to avoid the traffic.

Last edited:

So many things can go wrong with SD cards. This is an inferior option that Mazda selected for map data. I mean really, how much are 100GB drives these days?

Back