F flip faces

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Ok now my replacement (Pioneer) headunit has gone out. I won't buy another flip face product again.

So I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement that does not have a flip face. Don't need anything high end. I just want to be able to play CDs and whatnot.

if you dont want to rewire a harness make sure to get another kenwood lol

Alpine CDA-105, flip down but NOT motorized. I have never had a problem with any of my Alpine HUs.

Also, your Pioneer could probably be fixed. Pioneer (and Kenwood) have always seemed to have problems with their motorized flip-down HUs having the ribbon cables go bad. I replaced the ribbon cable in a Pioneer for about $15...

Found this and its more in line with what I want to spend but need to keep looking for other options.

JVC KD-HDR 40

This is the model I put into my S2000. Its an awesome HU. Has built in bluetooth calling. Front USB and rear USB(I routed this cord to use my USB thumb drive) and aux inport. Great HU.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

buy a $25 16GB USB thumb drive and plug it in and go. Reads files and folders like an ipod.

+1 on this HU. The JVC Arsenal series are pretty nice and have some awesome features...just no preset buttons! Which isn't the worst b/c it has preset options, I just like the buttons.

yeah JVC seems to offer the most for the least. radio buttons are not an issue. i need to get something that will control the sub and drive the speakers and fit. prices seem to have come down since the 06 replacement.

Back