EZ Pass location

SleepyCX5

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hey guys. For those of you who have an EZ Pass, where did you mount it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a fast pass that I put behind the rear mirror just under(or maybe to the side I forget) the black dot things. I can't see it from where I am in the driver seat.

However, on really sunny days the pass unsticks from the velcro and falls conveniently into the cupholder. Not sure what I can do about that other than take it off when I think it's gonna be sunny...

Our EZ Pass holder has suction cups. We just mount on windshield behind the rear view mirror.

Thanks. I guess I'll go with the suction cups as opposed to the 2-sided tape to make it less "permanent" and more easily adjustable

Thanks. I guess I'll go with the suction cups as opposed to the 2-sided tape to make it less "permanent" and more easily adjustable.

Thanks. I guess I'll go with the suction cups as opposed to the 2-sided tape to make it less "permanent" and more easily adjustable

The suction cups drop the unit after a while. I went with the adhesive backed velcro type connector that allows me to switch the unit to the other car when I want.

I used the velcro double-sided adhesive tape and put mine right behind the rear view mirror. It's been on for four years now with no problems at all. I've never had it fall off, but then again I don't ever take it out of the car.

Last edited:
I have iActiveSense and thus can't put behind rear view mirror. Underneath the OEM part is also not feasible since it'll be really low. I ended up putting it besides the iActiveSense passenger side. Another CX5 I saw similar to mine had it right against the dashboard at the very bottom middle portion of the windshield. I had tried that option once in a different car but the sync in toll was a hit and miss. The best option is to go for the license plate mount, which is what I have currently.

I used the velcro double-sided adhesive tape and put mine right behind the rear view mirror. It's been on for four years now with no problems at all. I've never had it fall off, but then again I don't ever take it out of the car.

Same here, except mine is mounted just off to the passenger side of the rearview, where the black dots end. It's been there since I bought the car and has never moved.

Not sure what types of EZ-Pass transponders you can get, but I have a Sunpass (Florida, etc) mini sticker (it's about the size of a business card and thick as a credit card at its thickest point). I put it in the front left corner of the moonroof, and haven't had an issue.

Last edited:
Back