Extended warranty

Hi,

This is my first post here. I bought my FWD CX-9 GT (Bose + Navigation + towing assist) exactly two weeks ago in SFO Bay Area. I bought the extended warranty for 7 years/80000 miles from the dealer at the time of purchase for $1850. The deductible is $0 and the entire amount will be refunded after 7 years if I never use the extended warranty. I think that is a good deal and there is the added security of getting back my money if I dont use the warranty.

Hi,

This is my first post here. I bought my FWD CX-9 GT (Bose + Navigation + towing assist) exactly two weeks ago in SFO Bay Area. I bought the extended warranty for 7 years/80000 miles from the dealer at the time of purchase for $1850. The deductible is $0 and the entire amount will be refunded after 7 years if I never use the extended warranty. I think that is a good deal and there is the added security of getting back my money if I dont use the warranty.

Wow. that's a really good deal! so, you could have a failure but not claim it. What's your "pain" point when you decide to claim it and foregoe the $1850 coming back? $500? $1000? $1500?

With my Extended warranty through AAA, @ $1600 for the same time and deductible, I'll be bringing it in for every little thing to get repaired for free. Under your plan, I would hesitate to do anything that would jeapordize a refund. Guess I would have to think of that a bit more.

Hi,

Hi Super77. My wife and I just purchased a used '08 CX-9 and we were offered a similar warranty that supposedly extends the factory 3x36 to 9x100. We were also told about the money back deal but it wasn't clear if it meant that if I used it for a $100 repair I lost the opportunity to get a full refund. I'm curious, which dealer did you buy from? I'm also in the bay area and I wonder if it's the same dealer.

I was a little unclear on this extended warranty as well because the dealer referred to the warranty as Customer Edge or something else. The pamphlet she handed us seems to be a non-Mazda warranty, yet she also handed us a pamphlet for Mazda Total Care and I can't tell if they are one-in-the-same. Anyone else familiar with this warranty and if it is something from Mazda or not?

"CustomersEdge" warranty? You meant this one...
http://www.manheimcarking.com/used-vehicle-warranty.php
It is definitely not Mazda warranty. Be ware of those non-OE warranty.
Your mileage will greatly vary.... Some went bankrupt before.

In CA, it is illegal to sell 3rd party ext. warranty without going through a dealership.
Therefore, one can't buy ext warranty on the web. Whatever dealers offer is what we can get.

There is really no need to commit buying ext warranty so soon.
You have 35months and 35K (leave 1month/1K as margin) to decide.
Treat the 35months/35K as the probation period of your CX9.
Statistically one loses money buying warranty. If you could handle the worst case scenario, I would encourage you to bet on it. If you are a careful financially planning type of person, shop around for a great OE Mazda warranty deal.

"CustomersEdge" warranty? You meant this one...
http://www.manheimcarking.com/used-vehicle-warranty.php
It is definitely not Mazda warranty. Be ware of those non-OE warranty.
Your mileage will greatly vary.... Some went bankrupt before.

In CA, it is illegal to sell 3rd party ext. warranty without going through a dealership.
Therefore, one can't buy ext warranty on the web. Whatever dealers offer is what we can get.

There is really no need to commit buying ext warranty so soon.
You have 35months and 35K (leave 1month/1K as margin) to decide.
Treat the 35months/35K as the probation period of your CX9.
Statistically one loses money buying warranty. If you could handle the worst case scenario, I would encourage you to bet on it. If you are a careful financially planning type of person, shop around for a great OE Mazda warranty deal.

Yep, that's the one. I was surprised that they were pushing what appears to be a 3rd party warranty when they have a Mazda endorsed program. I agree that for the most part extended warranties are over priced but if I could get one for $1500 I'd do it.

anyone have recommendations on specific dealers for getting a MEPP plan? my dealer doesn't sell them.

i originally bought the 3rd party plan through the dealer which I just cancelled. when i told them i wanted a real mazda plan, they went so far to tell me that mazda will only pay half of the total bill to the dealer for repairs and i'd have to pick up the balance...

The easiest way to get the MEPP is directly.
http://www.mazda-mepp.com/mazda-extended-warranty.html

Call this guy over there:
Marc Pandolfi
1-877-MEPP-USA, ext 1412

spam.jpg

Making a significant home or consumer electronics buy is absolutely a big decision. Several retailers are getting to the extended warranty sport. Extended warranties are basically short-term insurance on your transactions. More often than not, they're themselves very expensive. Most consumers are not aware that the charge cards they already have may provide totally free extended warranties and this provides the chance to extend the warranty without extending your wallet. And this is now exactly what you need to have worry free purchases for your home and materials improvement. (fuoops)

Making a significant home or consumer electronics buy is absolutely a big decision. Several retailers are getting to the extended warranty sport. Extended warranties are basically short-term insurance on your transactions. More often than not, they're themselves very expensive. Most consumers are not aware that the charge cards they already have may provide totally free extended warranties and this provides the chance to extend the warranty without extending your wallet. And this is now exactly what you need to have worry free purchases for your home and materials improvement. (fuoops)

....spam

I was curious, so I went to the dealer to get a quote for my 2010 FWD Touring. They told me $2510 to extend to the 7yr/100k plan (no deductible)! I mentioned a lot of folks around here were getting it for $1900, and they immediately caved claiming that was cost and they'd sell it to me for that. $1900 still seems really steep.

Also, they were trying to sell me the Genuine Ford ESP plan... Claim that its the same warranty program since Ford owns a stake in Mazda. Its a large combined Mazda/Ford/Lincoln dealer I bought my car from, only Mazda dealer within a couple hours of me. Does this sound legit? Claim I could use it at any dealer in US and canada, no pre-authorization like a 3rd party plan since its from Ford.

Last edited:
Just purchased a 2011 GT AWD with Nav and RES and got the MEPP Totalcare 7yr/75k for $1200 with $200 deductible.

I was very happy with the deal. It's mainly to protect the transfercase.

not sure why mazda is so much, i found in edmunds for toyota sienna 6yr/75k is only about 500.00 but in florida cost is almost 2k, i wonder if its the same for Mazda

Back