Experimenting with tape. Your thoughts?

Sgt.PinkiePie

Hoonigan
:
2009 Mazda 2 Genki
I experimented with black tape on the lower grill of my 2. Sort of like how the Focus RS is. Should I wrap it?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I used Plasti dip for the first time ever, pretty cool stuff I must say!

400698_10201216191826432_427517809_n.jpg

Update!

1381276_10202210225956664_1334037789_n.jpg

Attachments

• 0042.jpg
    0042.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 3,555
  • 0172.jpg
    0172.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,522
Last edited:
I don't think I can get Plasti Dip in Australia. I am looking at doing it in charcoal. If I can get my hands on plasti dip here I will most certainly do everything I plan in 1 hit.

Plastidip would be even easier then.

well yes that maybe true but you get what ya pay for and imo plastidip is not very durable ..vinyl wraps are used in racing and customs applications with great results i figure it takes about the same amount of time when you factor in a few things..both require cleaning of surfaces to be coated whatever the product..vinyl requires measureing , and plastidip requires masking or cleaning over spray eitherway your going to spend and hour or two..so really it comes down to what the individual is comfortable doing..

After looking at Plasti Dip on Youtube I am kind of turned off from it, if it was $5 here I wouldn't hesitate spending $20 on a couple of cans, but it's $35 a can here and I don't see myself spending $140 just to experiment with what I want to do. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do and have messed around with photoshop and I like the look. I like charcoal/gunmetal and plan to use that colour instead of black. I can pick up all the paint and clear I need for around $150-200 and will do it myself.

Picture below of how I plan for it to look after I complete it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mazda mod3.jpg
    Mazda mod3.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 16,913
that even sounds better than plasti or vinyl..sounds like you have a plan hope to see pics of finished product .

Might be a while before I can afford it, so I will be toying with idea's for a while and getting idea's from other people. I am selling my second car to fund the modification of the 2. Paying 2 registrations when I only drive 1 car...

I am also thinking of eyelids, but custom painted or vinyl instead of plastic stick on ones. I like my headlight protectors and have broken one, so I'll keep them =]

totally just tried drafting this out on the smiley face bumper and it failed epically ;-)....stupid smiley bumper.

Haha yeah, I was interest in the Plastidip because of its ease of use, but after I found out the price to get it in Australia I was turned off, and for it to peel after a while would annoy me. I'm pretty aggressive when it comes to cleaning my car. As you can see below haha.

BUUGS!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0032.jpg
    0032.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Back